Eclipse write me that it is wrong. I looked for it in API but it isn't
there. I have got the same problem with method
Field.Keyworld("filename", f.getCanonicalPath()).
I don't know if I uderstand it. Another method exists in API. This is
only constructor but its syntax is the same like syntax Field.Text or
Field.Keyword. Have been these methods raplace by constructor?

Thank you for you tips.
Petr Adamec
Re: Help with class Field [ In reply to ]
Lucene In Action is based on Lucene 1.4.3. These methods have been
replaced by constructors in Lucene 2.x.

Also, you are probably better off asking questions on the java-user
mailing list, as there are more people subscribed to that list. The
general list is mostly for things related to all of the Lucene projects.

-Grant

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Petr Adamec wrote:

> Good morning,
> I have started with Lucene about month ago. I read book "Lucene
> with action".
> Now I want to try some code from it.
> There is a simple indexer in the beginning of book. I can't use comand
> from this book "doc.add(Field.Text("contents", new FileReader(f)));"
> Eclipse write me that it is wrong. I looked for it in API but it isn't
> there. I have got the same problem with method
> Field.Keyworld("filename", f.getCanonicalPath()).
> I don't know if I uderstand it. Another method exists in API. This is
> only constructor but its syntax is the same like syntax Field.Text or
> Field.Keyword. Have been these methods raplace by constructor?
>
> Thank you for you tips.
> Petr Adamec

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com