Mailing List Archive

java-user@lucene.a.o mail not delivered . . . ??? any suggestions?
Dear sir,

As you suggested in your previous e-mail, I attempted to send the following
question to java-user@lucene.a.o.

"I have managed to download and install Lucene. In addition, I have reached
the point at which I am able to generate an index and run a search. The
search returns a 'raw' list of HTML pages in which my search term occurs.

Question: how do I go about manipulating the search results? Is it possible
to "intercept" the listing of HTML pages returned by the Lucene search
function and modify the report it sends to the screen.

Can this be as simple as adding a line to the Lucene Java code so that
instead of reporting a simple chapter number, it will report the chapter
surrounded by HTML code , e.g. instead of simply seeing on my screen
"Chapter 17", I want the report to read <a href = "
chapter17.html#paragraph3">Chapter 17, paragraph 3</a>.

I suspect this will be handled by 1) a few extra lines in Java code or 2) an
addition of javascript or perl-script . . . but am not at all sure.

Thanks in advance for any help that might be provided.

r. mullin

However, it was not delivered. Instead kicked back to me. Any suggestions?

Re: java-user@lucene.a.o mail not delivered . . . ??? any suggestions? [ In reply to ]