Marco Scarpa

Matricola/Matriculation: 550899-IFs
Cellular: +39 340 500 49 91
email: scarpama@dei.unipd.it

Indirizzo/Address:
Marco Scarpa
Dorsoduro 1990
Venezia (Venice - Italy)

Re: Model used in Lucene 1.4.3 [ In reply to ]
Hi Marco,

The documentation for version 1.4.3 is available online - if you go to:

<http://lucene.apache.org/java>

and in the menu on the left click on the (Site Versions > 1.4.3) link,
you'll go here:

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/1_4_3/>

AFAIK, Lucene has always used a hybrid VSM/Boolean model, although it
should be noted that Lucene's Required/Prohibited/Optional
BooleanClauses (in more recent Lucene parlance, these are MUST/MUST
NOT/SHOULD) are not exactly equivalent to the standard Boolean model.

In November 2002, Doug Cutting committed changes enabling scoring API
extensibility, to allow applications to plug in different models. These
changes were first released in version 1.3 (2003-12-26). Since then,
however, no patches implementing alternative models have been submitted.

Steve