So, please vote on sponsoring the Tika proposal. The vote is open for
the next 72 hours. If the vote result is positive, I will then proceed
to call a vote on the Incubator PMC to accept the proposed project.

Here's my +1 (non-binding)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/incubator/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]
Here's my non-binding +1

On Mar 13, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to call a vote on the Lucene PMC to sponsor the Tika proposal
> [1] in the Apache Incubator. The responsibilities of a sponsoring PMC
> are described in [2].
>
> I believe that the Lucene PMC is the ideal sponsor for the Tika
> project since the idea was first born here and I think it would
> natural for Tika to graduate into a Lucene subproject. Tika has direct
> ties to other Lucene projects and many of the initial committers are
> actively involved with Lucene. Doug Cutting has also volunteered to
> mentor the project.
>
> So, please vote on sponsoring the Tika proposal. The vote is open for
> the next 72 hours. If the vote result is positive, I will then proceed
> to call a vote on the Incubator PMC to accept the proposed project.
>
> Here's my +1 (non-binding)
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/incubator/
> Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org

LuceneFAQ
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]
+1

Otis

Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]

--
Sami Siren
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]

http://www.danielnaber.de
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]

> So, please vote on sponsoring the Tika proposal. The vote is open for
> the next 72 hours. If the vote result is positive, I will then proceed
> to call a vote on the Incubator PMC to accept the proposed project.

The vote passes with three binding +1 and two non-binding +1 votes. No
-1 votes were cast.

The binding votes were:

Otis Gospodnetic
Daniel Naber
Sami Siren

The non-binding votes were:

Grant Ingersoll
Jukka Zitting

Thanks for voting! I will now call the Incubator PMC to vote on
accepting the Tika proposal with Lucene as the sponsoring PMC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3/13/07, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, please vote on sponsoring the Tika proposal. The vote is open for
>> the next 72 hours. If the vote result is positive, I will then proceed
>> to call a vote on the Incubator PMC to accept the proposed project.
>
> The vote passes with three binding +1 and two non-binding +1 votes. No
> -1 votes were cast.

I know I'm coming late to the picture, but my laptop crashed, and only
now I'm catching up with emails. +1 from me, of course.

Andrzej
Re: [VOTE] Sponsor the Tika proposal [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On 3/18/07, Andrzej Bialecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
> I know I'm coming late to the picture, but my laptop crashed, and only
> now I'm catching up with emails. +1 from me, of course.

Excellent, thanks for the support!

BR,

Jukka Zitting