average.

Your help on this will be appreciated.

-Deepa
Re: Lucene indexes in memory [ In reply to ]
Deepa,

You probably want to ask on java-user@lucene.... list.
Lucene reads in the whole .tii index file (see the Lucene for explanations of various Lucene index files).
It doesn't read in *all* the index files, as those could be quite big.
You *can* read in your index in a RAMDirectory via FSDirectory, though, and it sounds like that is what you are after.

Otis
Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/ - Tag - Search - Share