http://www.manualmaster.com/download/support/other/FilesAndIndexes.zip
<http://www.manualmaster.com/download/support/other/FilesAndIndexes.zip> .

So if someone knows anything about the cause of this performance issue
please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,
Ramin

--
Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-General-f642108.html
Re: Slow performance Lucene search engine [ In reply to ]
Hi Ramin,

I may be mistaken but it is hard to get someone to help with such a request as it simply off loads the problem into someone else.

I think you would have a lot more chances of getting help by trying to isolate the issue and provide additional information. That way, it may be quicker for someone to take a look and help pinpoint the issue or offer suggestions.

Again, I may be mistaken, but everyone is usually busy and such a general request tends to be time consuming, so it is hard to get someone to volunteer from square one.

Just my advice.

- Xavier -

Re: Slow performance Lucene search engine [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I would not like to download the unknown file from the Internet for
security reasons...
Can you just paste excerpts from the documents that caused your
problem to the mail body, or explain the characteristics (e.g.
distribution of words) of the data?

Also Java code snippets including the analyzer configuration used for
indexing and querying (if you have the source code), the search query
and Lucene version you use may be help to others to find out what is
wrong with it.

Regards,
Tomoko
2018?10?30?(?) 22:04 Xavier Morera <xavier@familiamorera.com>:

> Hi Ramin,
>
> I may be mistaken but it is hard to get someone to help with such a request as it simply off loads the problem into someone else.
>
> I think you would have a lot more chances of getting help by trying to isolate the issue and provide additional information. That way, it may be quicker for someone to take a look and help pinpoint the issue or offer suggestions.
>
> Again, I may be mistaken, but everyone is usually busy and such a general request tends to be time consuming, so it is hard to get someone to volunteer from square one.
>
> Just my advice.
>
> - Xavier -
>
> > On Oct 30, 2018, at 05:55, ManualMaster <r.keywanshokouh@manualmaster.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am new to this forum/list. I am using Lucene search engine for a number of
> > years and it works perfect. Though I am experiencing problems regarding the
> > performance of the engine after I have indexed a number of .txt files. These
> > .txt files contain text but also numbers. Without adding them to the index
> > it works great. After adding them to the index it takes sometimes about 10
> > minutes to find something and I see that the whole amount of memory is used.
> > I have put those .txt files and the indexes files in the zip file. The zip
> > can be downloaded from
> > http://www.manualmaster.com/download/support/other/FilesAndIndexes.zip
> > <http://www.manualmaster.com/download/support/other/FilesAndIndexes.zip> .
> >
> > So if someone knows anything about the cause of this performance issue
> > please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks and best regards,
> > Ramin
> >

> > --