Hooster Ltd.

jgill@hoosterltd.com

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!
Re: Searching without using a Lucene Index [ In reply to ]
On Aug 28, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Justen Gill wrote:
> can someone point me in the direction of any tips, code samples,
> doc on how
> to use Lucene against a non Lucene Index? Basically we need to use
> bits of
> functionality such as scoring the results, limiting to 10 at a time
> etc?
> Im returning a Vector from my data source but not sure where to
> take it from
> there....

Maybe indexing into a RAMDirectory (an in-memory Lucene index) would
be what you're after?

Erik
Re: Searching without using a Lucene Index [ In reply to ]
: Maybe indexing into a RAMDirectory (an in-memory Lucene index) would
: be what you're after?

there was also some discussion on the java-user list back in april about
writing a custom IndexReader implementation which could be provided to an
IndexSearcher using your own internal data store. thread subject was
"Using Lucene for searching tokens, not storing them" started by Karl
Wettin

http://www.nabble.com/Using-Lucene-for-searching-tokens%2C-not-storing-them.-tf1450305.html

-Hoss