Mailing List Archive

Hello - help a learner time
Hiya,
Ive just downloaded version 2.0 and am trying to go through the demo.
Having followed the instructions to update class path etc, Im trying to run
the create Index piece and get
the following error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles
(Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

Im using J2Sdk1.4.2_05
Any suggestions please?

many thanks

RB

Justen Gill
Hooster Ltd.

jgill@hoosterltd.com

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!
Re: Hello - help a learner time [ In reply to ]
Do you have two versions of Lucene in your classpath? If so, remove
the oldest one and stick to 2.0 JAR's only.

Erik

Re: Hello - help a learner time [ In reply to ]
Hiya,
I only have one version of Lucene in my path.
cheers
RB

Re: Hello - help a learner time [ In reply to ]
Are you perhaps mixing an older demo JAR and the newer Lucene JAR?
Just guessing at this point. Perhaps you could provide us with more
details of how you're running IndexFiles.

Erik

Re: Hello - help a learner time [ In reply to ]
Hi All,
got this working last night, seems the issue was an older jre installed by
Oracle.
Once this was out of the picture everything worked
many thanks