them ? after downloading them what should I do ?

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
All you really need is:
http://apache.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/jakarta/lucene/binaries/lucene-1.4.3.jar

Otis

Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for replying otis. Ihave already downloaded the
1.4.3 version of lucene and also the demo.jar file but
where should I put them ? and than what should I do ?

I know this question must has been asked many time but
I guess you wont' mind replying it one more time.:)

Thanks again.

--- Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago and can help you out from start to finish!

1) log in and go to administration section of opencms / go to the module management section

2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )

3) go to C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config (or whereever yours is) and open the registry file. Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy first of course)

4) in the registry file look for <indexDir>c:/lucene</indexDir> and make this path a path to a created file where the index files will be stored....

5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms admin and enter a new entry like this

30 11 * * * admin Administrators net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true

6) now create a search page (or use the attached) in the same section as the website pages

7) after the time on the scheduled task comes around, lucene will create index files and place them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the search page should work.

8) modfiy the look of the opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp page for your own site needs!

Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for such a ncie writeup but can u tell me wha tis CMS ? I am very new to all this and having difficulty in understanding it. is CMS a part of tomcat ?

Thanks again.

Colin Coolidge <colincoolidge@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

folder
0

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeFolder

page
3

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePage

link
4

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeLink

plain
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePlain

XMLTemplate
3

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeXMLTemplate

binary
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeBinary

image
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeImage

compatiblePlain
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeCompatiblePlain

jsp
6

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeJsp

select.explorer
/system/workplace/action/explorer_new.html

select.admin
/system/workplace/action/administration.html

select.tasks
/system/workplace/action/tasks.html

/system/workplace/resources/
resources/

/system/modules/default/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

my.smtp.server
alternative.smtp.server
nobody@nowhere.com

nobody@nowhere.com
nobody@nowhere.com
/system/workplace/templates/urlcheckform

com.opencms.flex.CmsXmlTemplateLoader
com.opencms.flex.CmsDumpLoader
com.opencms.launcher.CmsLinkLauncher
com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader

false
on

true

false

100000
true

c:/lucene

org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer true
online
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PageDocument .txt net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PlainDocument .html .htm .xml net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.TaggedPlainDocument .pdf net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PDFDocument .doc net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.WordDocument ed="false" type="jsp"> net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.JspDocument net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.NewsDocument net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.ContributionDocument All true

3

simple
org.opencms.default
OpenCms 5.0 Default module
3.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.default/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.default/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.welcome
OpenCms 5.0 Welcome page and release notes
3.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

additionalresources

string
/release/;/index.jsp

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.templates
OpenCms 5.0 opencms.org templates
1.1

(c) 2004 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.templates/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.templates/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.website-demo
OpenCms 5.0 opencms.org demo website
1.1

Provided by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

org.opencms.templates
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/opencms-demo/;-;/system/galleries/pics/opencms-demo/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace online help - Base module
1.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
03.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.help/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help.en
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace online help - English version
1.10

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this translation. In case you find errors, please report them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
(various contributors)
contributions@opencms.org
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/index.html

org.opencms.help
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/help/en/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help.de
OpenCms 5.0 workplace online help - German version
1.1
]]>
Jakob Lemler
jakob.lemler@t-online.de
05.12.2003

org.opencms.help
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/help/de/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locale.es
Spanish localization for the OpenCms workplace
1.0
]]>
Antonio Reyes
reyes_soy@hotmail.com
05.09.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locale.es/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/locales/es/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locales.fr
French localisation for the OpenCms Workplace
1.0
In case you find errors please report them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
Silixon
guillaume.levrero@silixon.com
05.22.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locales.fr/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources
Please note: If you delete this module, all resources listed here will be deleted (even if they are directories).]]>
string
/system/workplace/locales/fr/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locales.it
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace localization - Italian language version
1.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this translation. In case you find errors, please report them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
(various contributors)
contributions@opencms.org
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locales.it/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/locales/it/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
com.alkacon.documentation
OpenCms 5.0 Documentation base
1.1

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
no... tomcat is the name of the server for handling java (which opencms is built in)

opencms is an open source package for "content management" of your website.

Have you got tomcat up and running? check this by starting tomcat and then going to http:\\localhost:8080

Colin Coolidge wrote:
Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago and can help you out from start to finish!

1) log in and go to administration section of opencms / go to the module management section

2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )

3) go to C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config (or whereever yours is) and open the registry file. Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy first of course)

4) in the registry file look for c:/lucene and make this path a path to a created file where the index files will be stored....

5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms admin and enter a new entry like this

30 11 * * * admin Administrators net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true

6) now create a search page (or use the attached) in the same section as the website pages

7) after the time on the scheduled task comes around, lucene will create index files and place them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the search page should work.

8) modfiy the look of the opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp page for your own site needs!

Arpit Sharma

Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
ya tomcat is running properly but I am still not able
to understand cms thing!

I have tomcat running on my windows and I want to
intall lucene. I have lucene.jar and demo.jar files.
So where should I put them ? and than how to start
working on it ?

If this question has been asked before than please can
some tell me the archieves.

Thanks.

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Lucene isn't an "application" that you install.

It sounds like what you're after is running the demo application that
is included with Lucene. There are instructions in the distribution
to follow, as well as a very detailed write-up of it in "Lucene in
Action" (see Appendix A):

http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=demo+application

The Lucene demo application is tricky to get running and not all that
interesting or useful. If you want a local indexing system that
leverage Lucene, you'd be better off using Zilverline or SearchBlox.

Erik

Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Maybe I was under the wrong impression. Are you wanting to use lucene with opencms or by itself? If so what are you setting up lucene to search?

Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_india@yahoo.com> wrote:ya tomcat is running properly but I am still not able

wrote:
> [...]
> /system/workplace/action/tasks.html
>

> /system/workplace/resources/
> resources/
>

> /system/modules/default/classes/
> WEB-INF/classes/
>
> my.smtp.server
> alternative.smtp.server
> nobody@nowhere.com
>
> nobody@nowhere.com
> nobody@nowhere.com
> /system/workplace/templates/urlcheckform
>

> com.opencms.flex.CmsXmlTemplateLoader
> com.opencms.flex.CmsDumpLoader
> com.opencms.launcher.CmsLinkLauncher
> com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader
>
> false
> on
>
> true
>
> false
>

> 100000
> true
>

> c:/lucene
>

> org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
I am looking to build distributed index using lucene.
So I will put lot's of documents and will build the
index using lucene and the put the index onto various
computers. But I am just stuck at the basic thing.HOW
TO USE LUCENE in my application if I can't install it
?

THanks all of u for being so patient.

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: How to install lucene on windows ? [ In reply to ]
Hello Arpit,

I suggest you take a look at Lucene in Action. Chapter 1 is free and
downloadable, and contains an explanation of what Lucene is and what it
is not. It also has some code to get you started and give you an idea
about how Lucene can be used.