pointers.

Thanks,
Prasad.
RE: A question on implementing new operators [ In reply to ]
http://www.slideshare.net/DavidSmiley2/2014-11-lucene-spatial-temporal-update

-----Original Message-----
From: rama44ster [mailto:rama44ster@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 4:54 PM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: A question on implementing new operators

Hi all,
I have started trying out lucene for one of my projects and I have a table where the document has a latitude, longitude associated with it. I would like to retrieve only those documents whose latitude and longitude fall inside a bounding box that has two co-ordinates, (x_1, y_1) and (x_2, y_2).

Is there any way, I can implement this in lucene? Is it possible to extend the parser to understand a new syntax where I can express this in the text query and have the parser build a query that will contain all the logic necessary to do this check. Something like IN_BOX(latitude, longitude, 23.00, 26.00, 50.00, 60.00). Here latitude and longitude are two stored fields and 23,26 and 50,60 are the two co-ordinates for bounding box.

I also checked the spatial package of lucene, but couldn’t find any pointers.

Thanks,
Prasad.