--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
"Tam pro papa quam pro rege bibunt omnes sine lege."
Re: missing headers [ In reply to ]
Rolando Abarca wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to compile mod_mbox, wich needs lucent4c, but in the
> mbox_search.h file, there's a reference to a lcn_init.h file, and the
> configure script checks for the same file...
> I got the source for lucent4c from the subversion repository, and the
> lcn_init.h file is not there... (compile and install went with no
> problems, also the tests passed ok)
> Am I missing something?

Yes, the current trunk of mod_mbox depends on the gcj-backend branch of
Lucene4c, which is located at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene4c/branches/gcj-backend/

I believe we will be merging this into trunk soon.

-Paul
Re: missing headers [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 12:48:41PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Yes, the current trunk of mod_mbox depends on the gcj-backend branch of
> Lucene4c, which is located at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene4c/branches/gcj-backend/

ok, thanks.

> I believe we will be merging this into trunk soon.

mm... no :-)

> -Paul

regards,
--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's
Re: missing headers [ In reply to ]
ok, I think this is totally related to lucent4c:
I'm trying to compile the gcj-branch, as suggested here, and it's
failing with this:

/usr/bin/libtool --mode=link gcj -g -O2 -o liblucene4c.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib -version-info 0:1:0 src/util/exception.lo
src/util/error.lo src/util/init.lo src/util/pools.lo src/index/writer.lo
src/search/searcher.lo src/search/index_searcher.lo
src/query_parser/query_parser.lo src/document/field.lo
src/document/document.lo src/analysis/standard.lo
src/org/apache/lucene4c/QueryParserHack.lo
src/org/apache/lucene4c/IndexSearcherHack.lo ./lib/lucene-1.4.3.jar
-Rgcj -lgcj /usr/lib/libapr-0.la -lrt -lm -lnsl -lpthread
libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed

I'm compiling on a powerpc (G4) with debian sarge, the jdk I have is
1.3.1, from blackdown.
thanks!
--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
"They have the Internet on computers, now?" - Homer Simpson
Re: missing headers [ In reply to ]
Rolando Abarca wrote:
> ok, I think this is totally related to lucent4c:
> I'm trying to compile the gcj-branch, as suggested here, and it's
> failing with this:
>
> /usr/bin/libtool --mode=link gcj -g -O2 -o liblucene4c.la -rpath
> /usr/local/lib -version-info 0:1:0 src/util/exception.lo
> src/util/error.lo src/util/init.lo src/util/pools.lo src/index/writer.lo
> src/search/searcher.lo src/search/index_searcher.lo
> src/query_parser/query_parser.lo src/document/field.lo
> src/document/document.lo src/analysis/standard.lo
> src/org/apache/lucene4c/QueryParserHack.lo
> src/org/apache/lucene4c/IndexSearcherHack.lo ./lib/lucene-1.4.3.jar
> -Rgcj -lgcj /usr/lib/libapr-0.la -lrt -lm -lnsl -lpthread
> libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
>
> I'm compiling on a powerpc (G4) with debian sarge, the jdk I have is
> 1.3.1, from blackdown.

You might have better luck using jlibtool (the C based libtool that
comes with APR) rather than GNU libtool. Paul and I (the only two
people who have played with the GCJ version as far as I know) both use
jlibtool. Just build your APR install with
--enable-experimental-libtool to turn it on.

-garrett