Mailing List Archive

Ping nodes and cluster rules
Hello,
I am using two nodes in cluster with corosync 2.3.4 and pacemaker 1.1.12
and each node has access to 2 ping nodes.
I would like to know if it is possible to set following cluster rules:

Rule 1 - do nothing with resources if 1 of 2 ping nodes are unreachable for
one cluster node
Rule 2 - move resources if 2 of 2 ping nodes are unreachable for one
cluster node
Rule 3 - do nothing with resources if all ping nodes are unreachable for
both cluster nodes

NOTE: In my current configuration resources are exported when I lose access
to all ping nodes on both cluster nodes. I would like to change this
behavior as described in "Rule 3"

Thank you in advance !

Best Regards
Adam Blaszczykowski
Re: Ping nodes and cluster rules [ In reply to ]
> On 17 Apr 2015, at 10:58 pm, Adam BÅ‚aszczykowski <adam.blaszczykowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am using two nodes in cluster with corosync 2.3.4 and pacemaker 1.1.12
> and each node has access to 2 ping nodes.
> I would like to know if it is possible to set following cluster rules:
>
> Rule 1 - do nothing with resources if 1 of 2 ping nodes are unreachable for
> one cluster node
> Rule 2 - move resources if 2 of 2 ping nodes are unreachable for one
> cluster node
> Rule 3 - do nothing with resources if all ping nodes are unreachable for
> both cluster nodes

With the current implementation, you can’t satisfy rules 2 and 3 OR rules 1 and 3.