Mailing List Archive

SLES11 SP3 compatibility with HP Data Protector 7' Automatic Desaster Recovery Module
Hi!

We discovered an interesting problem with SLES11 (currently at SP3 with updates) and HP Data Protector 7's Automatic Desaster Recovery Module:
It seems that a cluster node updated from SLES11 SP1 (via SP2) to SP3 uses a different directory layout than a cluster node installed directly from the SP3 media:
The node updated from SP1 uses this directory to store the CIB: /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/
The node installed as SP3 used this directory: /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/

HP's Desaster Recovery Module says (/var/opt/omni/tmp/AUTODR.log):
[...]
20141203T164701 ERROR cluster Failed to parse cluster configuration.
20141203T164701 FATAL cluster EXCEPTION at src/core/linux_cluster.cpp(798):
20141203T164701 FATAL cluster N3drm12system_errorE(2): [ENOENT;No such file or directory]: Failed to load RedHat xml cluster configuration file: /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml.
20141203T164701 FATAL storage Running on cluster and failed to query the cluster.
[...]

Of course HP's software isn't quite flexible here, but maybe a symlink from the old location to the new one wouldn't be bad (for the lifetime of SLES11, maybe)...

Opinions? Any HP guy listening?

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: SLES11 SP3 compatibility with HP Data Protector 7' Automatic Desaster Recovery Module [ In reply to ]
On 2014-12-04T08:12:28, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Of course HP's software isn't quite flexible here, but maybe a symlink from the old location to the new one wouldn't be bad (for the lifetime of SLES11, maybe)...

A symlink might not work, depending on what kind of information the tool
wishes to retrieve.

Also, reading the on-disk file directly is not recommended; it should
always be queried via the cibadmin/crm tools.

> Opinions? Any HP guy listening?

Alas, I'm afraid you need to raise a support incident - with HP.

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)