Mailing List Archive

Antw: Re: [crmsh] Question about latest crmsh.
>>> Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@suse.com> schrieb am 28.11.2014 um 11:06 in
Nachricht <87bnnrvduf.fsf@krigpad.site>:

[...]
>> When we used Pacemaker1.0, results seem to be different.
>> Are these specifications of new crm command?
>>

> Yes, this is the new CLI syntax for crmsh. Where possible, crmsh now
> tries to avoid adding the double quotation marks.

Like it was in SGML, but then cam XML, and you needed the quotes. Personally
I'd prefer strings in quotes, numbers without...

>> Q2) When we executed the next command, ocf:heartbeat is not displayed.
>>
>> (snip)
>> [root@snmp1 ~]# crm configure show
>> (snip)
>> primitive prmDummy2 Dummy \
>> op start interval=0s timeout=300s on-fail=restart \
>> op monitor interval=10s timeout=60s on-fail=restart \
>> op stop interval=0s timeout=300s on-fail=block
>> (snip)
>>
>> When we used Pacemaker1.0, results seem to be different.
>> Are these specifications of new crm command?
>>

> Yes, this is also a new feature in crmsh. When using agents from
> ocf:heartbeat:, crmsh does not display the prefix part.

Why not ocf:pacemaker? I don't see any benefit: You yould just decide to leave
"ocf:" out...

>> Q3) We used the editing feature in the next procedure, but it is not
> changed.
>> Is a procedure of our editing wrong?
>
> Unfortunately, this is a bug in pacemaker, fixed very recently:
[...]

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Antw: Re: [crmsh] Question about latest crmsh. [ In reply to ]
Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> Nachricht <87bnnrvduf.fsf@krigpad.site>:
>
> [...]
>>> When we used Pacemaker1.0, results seem to be different.
>>> Are these specifications of new crm command?
>>>

>> Yes, this is the new CLI syntax for crmsh. Where possible, crmsh now
>> tries to avoid adding the double quotation marks.
>
> Like it was in SGML, but then cam XML, and you needed the quotes. Personally
> I'd prefer strings in quotes, numbers without...

Well, personally I strongly dislike XML so perhaps that is an influence ;)

>>> Q2) When we executed the next command, ocf:heartbeat is not displayed.
>>>
>>> (snip)
>>> [root@snmp1 ~]# crm configure show
>>> (snip)
>>> primitive prmDummy2 Dummy \
>>> op start interval=0s timeout=300s on-fail=restart \
>>> op monitor interval=10s timeout=60s on-fail=restart \
>>> op stop interval=0s timeout=300s on-fail=block
>>> (snip)
>>>
>>> When we used Pacemaker1.0, results seem to be different.
>>> Are these specifications of new crm command?
>>>

>> Yes, this is also a new feature in crmsh. When using agents from
>> ocf:heartbeat:, crmsh does not display the prefix part.
>
> Why not ocf:pacemaker? I don't see any benefit: You yould just decide to leave
> "ocf:" out...

So, if I also elided the prefix for ocf:pacemaker, it would not be
possible to know if "Dummy" refers to ocf:heartbeat:Dummy or
ocf:pacemaker:Dummy. It is a limitation of how crmsh works. Since the
CLI syntax is always generated statelessly from the XML, we can only
work with the information contained there.

>>> Q3) We used the editing feature in the next procedure, but it is not
>> changed.
>>> Is a procedure of our editing wrong?
>>
>> Unfortunately, this is a bug in pacemaker, fixed very recently:
> [...]
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

// Kristoffer Grönlund