Mailing List Archive

RHEL Server 6.6 HA Configuration
I was trying to install Corosync and Cman using
yum install -y pacemaker cman pcs ccs resource-agents

This works fine on Centos 6.3. Tried the same on Redhat Redhat Enterprise
Linux Server 6.6 and ran into issues. It gives error like

Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security,
subscription-manager
There was an error communicating with RHN.
RHN Satellite or RHN Classic support will be disabled.

Error Message:
Please run rhn_register as root on this client
Error Class Code: 9
Error Class Info: Invalid System Credentials.
Explanation:
An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
details on how to reproduce this problem.

Setting up Install Process
No package pacemaker available.
No package cman available.
No package pcs available.
No package ccs available.
Nothing to do

centos.repo is as follows...
vim /etc/yum.repos.d/centos.repo is as below
[centos-6-base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
enabled=0
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/

Realized that this Redhat version does not have the High availability addon
package. This package needs to be bought OR the version needs to be upgraded
to 7. I got information like Pacemaker has been available as part of RHEL,
since 6.0 as part of the High Availability (HA) add-on.

Question:

1.Is the above understanding correct?

2.Are there significant differences in the manner Corosync and CMan are
configured on Enterprise server Vs Centos?

Thank You,
Ranjan

Re: RHEL Server 6.6 HA Configuration [ In reply to ]
> I was trying to install Corosync and Cman using
> yum install -y pacemaker cman pcs ccs resource-agents
>
> This works fine on Centos 6.3. Tried the same on Redhat Redhat Enterprise
> Linux Server 6.6 and ran into issues. It gives error like
>
> Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security,
> subscription-manager
> There was an error communicating with RHN.
> RHN Satellite or RHN Classic support will be disabled.
>
> Error Message:
> Please run rhn_register as root on this client
> Error Class Code: 9
> Error Class Info: Invalid System Credentials.
> Explanation:
> An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
> persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
> If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
> details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
> details on how to reproduce this problem.
>
> Setting up Install Process
> No package pacemaker available.
> No package cman available.
> No package pcs available.
> No package ccs available.
> Nothing to do
>
> centos.repo is as follows...
> vim /etc/yum.repos.d/centos.repo is as below
> [centos-6-base]
> name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
> enabled=0
> #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
>
> Realized that this Redhat version does not have the High availability addon
> package. This package needs to be bought OR the version needs to be upgraded
> to 7. I got information like Pacemaker has been available as part of RHEL,
> since 6.0 as part of the High Availability (HA) add-on.
>
> Question:
>
> 1.Is the above understanding correct?

yes

> 2.Are there significant differences in the manner Corosync and CMan are
> configured on Enterprise server Vs Centos?

Pacemaker in Centos 6.6 and RHEL 6.6 should be configured the same way.

-- Vossel