Mailing List Archive

sbd fencing with fake hostnames
Hi,

I have setup a two-node cluster on Ubuntu 12.04 with
cman-corosync-pacemaker. For stonith, I am using SBD fencing. To keep the
corosync communication separate from regular network traffic, I made
following entries on my nodes in the /etc/hosts file:
192.168.0.1 ubuntua
192.168.0.2 ubuntub
and used ubuntua and ubuntub as the node names in my cluster.conf. Although
this works to keep the cluster traffic separate, I can't get sbd to
recognize these dummy names. I tried using "allocate <ubuntua/ubuntub>" and
then using "sbd -n" option to force sbd to watch for ubuntua/b, but it
doesn't work. sbd list command still shows sbd creating slots for actual
hostnames and a test message sent to a dummy hostname does not get sent to
the respective node.

Does anyone know, how to make "-n" option work in sdb?

Regards,
Gourav