Mailing List Archive

Totem: Received message has invalid digest after upgrade of cluster node
Hi,

I am currently testing Ubuntu release upgrade from 12.04->14.04. With this the corosync Version changes from 1.4.2 to 2.3.3.
After updating a node I wanted to start corosync and shift services to the already upgraded node in order to upgrade the primary.

Unfortunately I get the following error:
Totem: Received message has invalid digest

I presume this is due to the big difference in corosync version. So is it principally not possible to have nodes with such big difference in version in the same cluster ?

My workaround would be to stop corosync on all involved nodes, start the services manually on the already upgraded node, upgrade the remaining node and then hope for the best with all nodes having the same version, that the cluster starts again.

Would that be the correct procedure ?

Stefan