Mailing List Archive

Q: ocf-tester
Hi!

I modified the ping RA to meet my needs, and then I used ocf-tester to check it with the settings desired. I'm wondering about the output; shoudln't ocf-tester query the metadata _before_ trying to use the methods, i.e.: Don't use methods the RA doesn't announce:
---
Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping...
Testing permissions with uid nobody
Testing: meta-data
Testing: meta-data
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE resource-agent SYSTEM "ra-api-1.dtd">
<resource-agent name="ping">
<version>1.1</version>
[...]
<actions>
<action name="start" timeout="60" />
<action name="stop" timeout="20" />
<action name="reload" timeout="100" />
<action name="monitor" depth="0" timeout="60" interval="10"/>
<action name="meta-data" timeout="5" />
<action name="validate-all" timeout="30" />
</actions>
</resource-agent>
Testing: validate-all
Checking current state
Testing: monitor
Testing: monitor
Testing: start
Testing: monitor
Testing: monitor
Testing: notify
usage: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping {start|stop|reload|monitor|meta-data|validate-all}

Expects to have a fully populated OCF RA-compliant environment set.
* Your agent does not support the notify action (optional)
Checking for demote action
usage: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping {start|stop|reload|monitor|meta-data|validate-all}

Expects to have a fully populated OCF RA-compliant environment set.
* Your agent does not support the demote action (optional)
Checking for promote action
usage: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping {start|stop|reload|monitor|meta-data|validate-all}

Expects to have a fully populated OCF RA-compliant environment set.
* Your agent does not support the promote action (optional)
* Your agent does not support master/slave (optional)
Testing: stop
Testing: monitor
Restarting resource...
Testing: monitor
Testing: starting a started resource
Testing: monitor
Stopping resource
Testing: monitor
Testing: stopping a stopped resource
Testing: monitor
Checking for migrate_to action
usage: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping {start|stop|reload|monitor|meta-data|validate-all}

Expects to have a fully populated OCF RA-compliant environment set.
Checking for reload action
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping passed all tests
--

This just gives an ugly output ;-) Without "-v" the output loks better:
---
Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping...
* Your agent does not support the notify action (optional)
* Your agent does not support the demote action (optional)
* Your agent does not support the promote action (optional)
* Your agent does not support master/slave (optional)
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/twuc/ping passed all tests
---

When I try to use "-L" (worked on an older release), I get:
--
Using lrmd/lrmadmin for all tests
could not start lrmd

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Q: ocf-tester [ In reply to ]
On 2014-09-09T16:03:04, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> I modified the ping RA to meet my needs, and then I used ocf-tester to check it with the settings desired. I'm wondering about the output; shoudln't ocf-tester query the metadata _before_ trying to use the methods, i.e.: Don't use methods the RA doesn't announce:

It's checking if it's getting the proper exit code for unsupported
actions. That's expected.

> This just gives an ugly output ;-) Without "-v" the output loks better:

Yes, so don't use -v if you don't want verbose output ;-)

> When I try to use "-L" (worked on an older release), I get:
> --
> Using lrmd/lrmadmin for all tests
> could not start lrmd
> --
> What could be wrong? (pacemaker-1.1.10-0.15.25 of SLES11 SP3)

Newer versions of pacemaker/cluster-glue no longer have a separate LRM,
hence this option in ocf-tester is no longer working there. This is
expected.

Regards,
Lars

--