Mailing List Archive

troublesome DRBD resources on CentOS 6.5
Hi all,

I have some DRBD resources on CentoOS 6.5 which refuse to start. A message I get in Hawk and in /var/log/messages is:

Failed op: node=storage3, resource=p_drbd_ws021, call-id=73, operation=monitor, rc-code=6

I am able to start the DRBD resources manually.
I figured out that code "6" means configuration error, but I don't see where.
DRBD and it's resource agent are installed from source (drbd-8.4.4).

This is the relevant cluster configuration, which I took from the "Clusters from Scratch" document:

primitive p_drbd_ws021 ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource=ws021 drbdconf="/etc/drbd.conf" \
op monitor interval=60 timeout=20
ms ms_drbd_ws021 p_drbd_ws021 \
meta master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1 notify=true target-role=Started

Any tips or hints are most welcome, because I have been looking at this thing for two days and still no progress,

thanks!

BC
Re: troublesome DRBD resources on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
no logs!

Re: troublesome DRBD resources on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

its been a while i configured this, but reading you meta data you must be having a "Master/Slave" drbd.
So maybe you need some more configuration:

My (working) drbd primitives look like this:

primitive prim_Drbd_r0 ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource="r0" \
op monitor interval="15s" role="Master" timeout="20" \
op monitor interval="20s" role="Slave" timeout="20" \
op start interval="0" timeout="240" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="100"

ms ms_Drbd_r0 prim_Drbd_r0 \
meta notify="true" target-role="Started"

hope this helps!
mho

Re: troublesome DRBD resources on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
On 05 Jun 2014, at 15:07, emmanuel segura <emi2fast@gmail.com> wrote:

> no logs!

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some DRBD resources on CentoOS 6.5 which refuse to start. A message I get in Hawk and in /var/log/messages is:
>>

>> Failed op: node=storage3, resource=p_drbd_ws021, call-id=73, operation=monitor, rc-code=6
>>

>> I am able to start the DRBD resources manually.
>> I figured out that code "6" means configuration error, but I don't see where.
>> DRBD and it's resource agent are installed from source (drbd-8.4.4).
>>
>> This is the relevant cluster configuration, which I took from the "Clusters from Scratch" document:
>>

>> primitive p_drbd_ws021 ocf:linbit:drbd \
>> params drbd_resource=ws021 drbdconf="/etc/drbd.conf" \
>> op monitor interval=60 timeout=20
>> ms ms_drbd_ws021 p_drbd_ws021 \
>> meta master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1 notify=true target-role=Started
>>

>> Any tips or hints are most welcome, because I have been looking at this thing for two days and still no progress,
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> BC

> esta es mi vida e me la vivo hasta que dios quiera

Well, the log file entries are not very different of the error message I mentioned:
Jun 6 20:17:41 storage2 pengine[2340]: error: unpack_rsc_op: Preventing ms_drbd_ws021 from re-starting anywhere in the cluster : operation monitor failed 'not configured' (rc=6)
Re: troublesome DRBD resources on CentOS 6.5 [ In reply to ]
While copying your settings my resource came online, so you gave me the solution. It is either of two things: the interval set to 0 in the start and stop operation of the DRBD primitive, or all the extra parameters I set for the master/slave resource.

Thanks anyway!

BC