conflict.

I'm looking for ideas to investigate the causes for such a problem. If
anybody can help me on this, I would be gratefull

Cheers
--
Anne
http://mageia.org

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> Hi !
>
> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).

Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an active/passive
cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active cluster. See
man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.

> On my last install, I'm facing quite
> an annoying probem. Despite the same configuration for clusterip I've
> ever used, , the interface is now up on both nodes which ends with an IP
> conflict.

Please explain more detailed.
What is your config?
What do you expect the cluster to do?
What really happens?
Where is the problem?

> I'm looking for ideas to investigate the causes for such a problem. If
> anybody can help me on this, I would be gratefull

Yes, I think I can help ;-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Le 26/11/2014 12:23, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
>> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).
>
> Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an active/passive
> cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active cluster. See
> man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.

> Please explain more detailed.
> What is your config?
> What do you expect the cluster to do?
> What really happens?
> Where is the problem?

Maybe my explanation was not that clear. Here is my configuration

crm configuration show

node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
meta target-role="Started"
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \

dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
stonith-enabled="false" \
no-quorum-policy="ignore"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
resource-stickiness="100"

So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and
ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the
configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
instead of having it up only on primary node.

What I was expected (and in all other tests it was ok ) is that eth0 was
up only on primary node and used by apache server.

>> I'm looking for ideas to investigate the causes for such a problem. If
>> anybody can help me on this, I would be gratefull
>
> Yes, I think I can help ;-)

Thanks for that :)

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:54:20 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> Le 26/11/2014 12:23, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> > Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> >> Hi !
> >>
> >> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
> >> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).
> >
> > Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an
> > active/passive cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active
> > cluster. See man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.
> >

> > Please explain more detailed.
> > What is your config?
> > What do you expect the cluster to do?
> > What really happens?
> > Where is the problem?
>
> Maybe my explanation was not that clear.

Yes.

> Here is my configuration
>
> crm configuration show
>
> node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
> node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
> primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
> params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
> primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
> params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
> meta target-role="Started"
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>
> dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
> cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
> stonith-enabled="false" \
> no-quorum-policy="ignore"
> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
> resource-stickiness="100"
>
> So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and
> ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the
> configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
> configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
> instead of having it up only on primary node.

If that is your config than the start of the IP address on BOTH nodes is really
bad. This should not happen and is definitely an error.

BUT: I doubt that this is you complete config, because this would not work
anyway. The cluster would start the IP address on one node and the Webserver
in the other node.

Please paste the complete config. Then the community would be able to help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Anne,

Are you expecting the eth0 to actually put in the "down" state like using the "ifconfig eth0 down" command? If so the IPaddr2 resource does not do that. What that is used for is to configure a second IP address on the NIC that can be moved around from "eth0" on each node. Can you clearify that? Also, can you paste the output of the "ip addr" command as well? The full configuration of "crm configure show" would also be helpful

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Ouellette

KeithO@fibermountain.com
700 West Johnson Avenue
Cheshire, CT06410
www.fibermountain.com
P. (203) 806-4046
C. (860) 810-4877
F. (845) 358-7882

Le 26/11/2014 12:23, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
>> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).
>
> Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in a
> active/passive cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active
> cluster. See man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.

> Please explain more detailed.
> What is your config?
> What do you expect the cluster to do?
> What really happens?
> Where is the problem?

Maybe my explanation was not that clear. Here is my configuration

crm configuration show

node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
meta target-role="Started"
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \

dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
stonith-enabled="false" \
no-quorum-policy="ignore"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
resource-stickiness="100"

So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course, instead of having it up only on primary node.

What I was expected (and in all other tests it was ok ) is that eth0 was up only on primary node and used by apache server.

>> I'm looking for ideas to investigate the causes for such a problem.
>> If anybody can help me on this, I would be gratefull
>
> Yes, I think I can help ;-)

Thanks for that :)

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Le 26/11/2014 13:07, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:54:20 schrieb Anne Nicolas:

>>> Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an
>>> active/passive cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active
>>> cluster. See man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.
>>>

>>> Please explain more detailed.
>>> What is your config?
>>> What do you expect the cluster to do?
>>> What really happens?
>>> Where is the problem?
>>
>> Maybe my explanation was not that clear.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Here is my configuration
>>
>> crm configuration show
>>
>> node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
>> node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
>> primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
>> params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
>> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
>> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
>> primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>> params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
>> meta target-role="Started"
>> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>>
>> dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
>> cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
>> stonith-enabled="false" \
>> no-quorum-policy="ignore"
>> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
>> resource-stickiness="100"
>>
>> So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and
>> ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the
>> configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
>> configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
>> instead of having it up only on primary node.
>
> If that is your config than the start of the IP address on BOTH nodes is really
> bad. This should not happen and is definitely an error.
>
> BUT: I doubt that this is you complete config, because this would not work
> anyway. The cluster would start the IP address on one node and the Webserver
> in the other node.
>
> Please paste the complete config. Then the community would be able to help.

Here is the complete configuration:

node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
meta target-role="Started"
primitive drbdserv ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource="server" \
op monitor interval="60s"
primitive fsserv ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/server" directory="/clusterfs"
fstype="ext4"
primitive libvirt-guests lsb:libvirt-guests
primitive libvirtd lsb:libvirtd
primitive mysql ocf:heartbeat:mysql \
params binary="/usr/bin/mysqld_safe" config="/etc/my.cnf"
datadir="/clusterfs/mysql" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="60s" \
meta target-role="Started"
primitive named lsb:named
primitive samba lsb:smb
group services fsserv clusterip libvirtd samba apache mysql
ms drbdservClone drbdserv \
meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
colocation fs_on_drbd inf: fsserv drbdservClone:Master
order fsserv-after-drbdserv inf: drbdservClone:promote fsserv:start

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]

> Anne,
>
> Are you expecting the eth0 to actually put in the "down" state like using
> the "ifconfig eth0 down" command? If so the IPaddr2 resource does not do
> that. What that is used for is to configure a second IP address on the NIC
> that can be moved around from "eth0" on each node. Can you clearify that?
> Also, can you paste the output of the "ip addr" command as well? The full
> configuration of "crm configure show" would also be helpful

Maybe I've misunderstood documentation but just reused
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/#_perform_a_failover
It seemed to work at the beginning as expected.

I've sent some minutes ago my full configuration

http://www.mageia.org
Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Le 26/11/2014 13:43, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 13:22:53 schrieben Sie:

>>> Yes.

>>> If that is your config than the start of the IP address on BOTH nodes is
>>> really bad. This should not happen and is definitely an error.
>>>
>>> BUT: I doubt that this is you complete config, because this would not work
>>> anyway. The cluster would start the IP address on one node and the
>>> Webserver in the other node.
>>>
>>> Please paste the complete config. Then the community would be able to
>>> help.
>>
>> Here is the complete configuration:
>>
>> node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
>> node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
>> primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
>> params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
>> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
>> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
>> primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>> params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
>> meta target-role="Started"
>> primitive drbdserv ocf:linbit:drbd \
>> params drbd_resource="server" \
>> op monitor interval="60s"
>> primitive fsserv ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>> params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/server" directory="/clusterfs"
>> fstype="ext4"
>> primitive libvirt-guests lsb:libvirt-guests
>> primitive libvirtd lsb:libvirtd
>> primitive mysql ocf:heartbeat:mysql \
>> params binary="/usr/bin/mysqld_safe" config="/etc/my.cnf"
>> datadir="/clusterfs/mysql" \
>> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
>> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s" \
>> meta target-role="Started"
>> primitive named lsb:named
>> primitive samba lsb:smb
>> group services fsserv clusterip libvirtd samba apache mysql
>> ms drbdservClone drbdserv \
>> meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
>> clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
>> colocation fs_on_drbd inf: fsserv drbdservClone:Master
>> order fsserv-after-drbdserv inf: drbdservClone:promote fsserv:start
>> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>>
>> dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
>> cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
>> stonith-enabled="false" \
>> no-quorum-policy="ignore"
>> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
>> resource-stickiness="100"
>
> OK. Config seems to be ok. But I would make the constraints to work on the
> group, not on the fsserver. But since the fsserver is the first resource in the
> group, everything should be ok.
>
> Now:
>> This time all the
>> configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
>> configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
>> instead of having it up only on primary node.
>
> Please could you paste the output of the command "ip addr list dev eth0" on
> both nodes?

In fact I read your message and it just turned on the light in some part
of my brain... I checked the interface coinfiguration and discovered an
IP address on both side...
And for sure that could not work. Removing this just did the trick and
everything is ok now.

Sorry for the noise but thanks for helping in finding this stupid mistake :)

Re: Problem with ClusterIP [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 15:36:55 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> Le 26/11/2014 13:43, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :

> >> Here is the complete configuration:
> >>
> >> node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
> >> node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
> >> primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
> >>
> >> params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
> >> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
> >> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
> >>
> >> primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
> >>
> >> params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
> >> meta target-role="Started"
> >>
> >> primitive drbdserv ocf:linbit:drbd \
> >>
> >> params drbd_resource="server" \
> >> op monitor interval="60s"
> >>
> >> primitive fsserv ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
> >>
> >> params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/server" directory="/clusterfs"
> >>
> >> fstype="ext4"
> >> primitive libvirt-guests lsb:libvirt-guests
> >> primitive libvirtd lsb:libvirtd
> >> primitive mysql ocf:heartbeat:mysql \
> >>
> >> params binary="/usr/bin/mysqld_safe" config="/etc/my.cnf"
> >>
> >> datadir="/clusterfs/mysql" \
> >>
> >> op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
> >> op stop interval="0" timeout="60s" \
> >> meta target-role="Started"
> >>
> >> primitive named lsb:named
> >> primitive samba lsb:smb
> >> group services fsserv clusterip libvirtd samba apache mysql
> >> ms drbdservClone drbdserv \
> >>
> >> meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
> >>
> >> clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
> >> colocation fs_on_drbd inf: fsserv drbdservClone:Master
> >> order fsserv-after-drbdserv inf: drbdservClone:promote fsserv:start
> >> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
> >>
> >> dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
> >>
> >> cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
> >> stonith-enabled="false" \
> >> no-quorum-policy="ignore"
> >>
> >> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
> >>
> >> resource-stickiness="100"
> >
> > OK. Config seems to be ok. But I would make the constraints to work on the
> > group, not on the fsserver. But since the fsserver is the first resource
> > in the group, everything should be ok.
> >
> > Now:
> >> This time all the
> >> configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
> >> configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
> >> instead of having it up only on primary node.
> >
> > Please could you paste the output of the command "ip addr list dev eth0"
> > on
> > both nodes?
>
> In fact I read your message and it just turned on the light in some part
> of my brain... I checked the interface coinfiguration and discovered an
> IP address on both side...

Normally the cluster should detect the use of a virtual IP address on both
sides and take care of it. Can you reproduce the error? Was the clusterip
configured a primary IP on that interface?

> And for sure that could not work. Removing this just did the trick and
> everything is ok now.
>
> Sorry for the noise but thanks for helping in finding this stupid mistake :)

You are welcome.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff