Mailing List Archive

resource-discovery question
Hi David, all,

I'm trying to get resource-discovery="never" working with cd7c9ab, but still
get "Not installed" probe failures from nodes which does not have
corresponding resource agents installed.

The only difference in my location constraints comparing to what is committed in #589
is that they are rule-based (to match #kind). Is that supposed to work with the
current master or still TBD?

My location constraints look like:

<rsc_location id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes" rsc="vlan003" resource-discovery="never">
<rule score="-INFINITY" id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes-rule">
<expression attribute="#kind" operation="ne" value="cluster" id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes-rule-expression"/>
</rule>
</rsc_location>

Do I miss something?

Best,
Vladislav

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: resource-discovery question [ In reply to ]
12.11.2014 22:04, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> Hi David, all,
>
> I'm trying to get resource-discovery="never" working with cd7c9ab, but still
> get "Not installed" probe failures from nodes which does not have
> corresponding resource agents installed.
>
> The only difference in my location constraints comparing to what is committed in #589
> is that they are rule-based (to match #kind). Is that supposed to work with the
> current master or still TBD?

Yep, after I modified constraint to a rule-less syntax, it works:

<rsc_location id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes" rsc="vlan003" score="-INFINITY" node="rnode001" resource-discovery="never"/>

But I'd prefer to that killer feature to work with rules too :)
Although resource-discovery="exclusive" with score 0 for multiple nodes should probably
also work for me, correct? I cannot test that on a cluster with one cluster node and one
remote node.

Re: resource-discovery question [ In reply to ]
> 12.11.2014 22:04, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> > Hi David, all,
> >
> > I'm trying to get resource-discovery="never" working with cd7c9ab, but
> > still
> > get "Not installed" probe failures from nodes which does not have
> > corresponding resource agents installed.
> >
> > The only difference in my location constraints comparing to what is
> > committed in #589
> > is that they are rule-based (to match #kind). Is that supposed to work with
> > the
> > current master or still TBD?
>
> Yep, after I modified constraint to a rule-less syntax, it works:

ahh, good catch. I'll take a look!

> <rsc_location id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes" rsc="vlan003" score="-INFINITY"
> node="rnode001" resource-discovery="never"/>
>
> But I'd prefer to that killer feature to work with rules too :)
> Although resource-discovery="exclusive" with score 0 for multiple nodes
> should probably
> also work for me, correct?

yep it should.

> I cannot test that on a cluster with one cluster
> node and one
> remote node.

this feature should work the same with remote nodes and cluster nodes.

I'll get a patch out for the rule issue. I'm also pushing out some documentation
for the resource-discovery option. It seems like you've got a good handle on it
already though :)

Re: resource-discovery question [ In reply to ]
12.11.2014 22:57, David Vossel wrote:

> [...]

Oh, I see new pull-request, thank you very much!

One side question: Is default value for clone-max influenced by
resource-discovery value(s)?

Re: resource-discovery question [ In reply to ]
> On 13 Nov 2014, at 8:36 am, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>
> 12.11.2014 22:57, David Vossel wrote:

Very good question, I like the idea

Re: resource-discovery question [ In reply to ]

> >> Yep, after I modified constraint to a rule-less syntax, it works:
> >
> > ahh, good catch. I'll take a look!
> >

> >> <rsc_location id="vlan003-on-cluster-nodes" rsc="vlan003"
> >> score="-INFINITY"
> >> node="rnode001" resource-discovery="never"/>
> >>
> >> But I'd prefer to that killer feature to work with rules too :)
> >> Although resource-discovery="exclusive" with score 0 for multiple nodes
> >> should probably
> >> also work for me, correct?
> >
> > yep it should.
> >
> >> I cannot test that on a cluster with one cluster
> >> node and one
> >> remote node.
> >
> > this feature should work the same with remote nodes and cluster nodes.
> >
> > I'll get a patch out for the rule issue. I'm also pushing out some
> > documentation
> > for the resource-discovery option. It seems like you've got a good handle
> > on it
> > already though :)
>
> Oh, I see new pull-request, thank you very much!
>
> One side question: Is default value for clone-max influenced by
> resource-discovery value(s)?

kind of.

with 'exclusive' if the number of nodes in the exclusive set is smaller
than clone-max, clone-max is effectively reduced to the node count in
the exclusive set.

'never' and 'always' do not directly influence resource placement, only
'exclusive'