Mailing List Archive

Heartbeat/Pacemaker packages now available for Debian x86_64, RHEL-5 and CentOS-5
There have been people asking for these in the past so I thought it
worth mentioning that, as of yesterday, support for RHEL and CentOS
has been added to the build service.
We also recently got support for Debian Etch and Ubuntu 7.10 on x86_64.

The current list of supported targets for pre-compiled Heartbeat and
Pacemaker packages is listed below.
You can read the full press release at:
http://www.novell.com/news/press/the-opensuse-build-service-expands-support-to-red-hat-and-centos/

regards,
Andrew

* Built for i586 and x86_64
+ SLES 9
+ SLES 10
+ SUSE Linux 10.0
+ SUSE Linux 10.1
+ openSUSE 10.2
+ openSUSE 10.3

+ RHEL 5
+ CentOS 5

+ Fedora 6
+ Fedora 7
+ Fedora 8

+ Debian Etch
+ Ubuntu 7.10

* Built for i586 only
+ Ubuntu 7.04
+ Mandriva 2006
+ Mandriva 2007

Re: [Linux-HA] Heartbeat/Pacemaker packages now available for Debian x86_64, RHEL-5 and CentOS-5 [ In reply to ]
Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> There have been people asking for these in the past so I thought it
> worth mentioning that, as of yesterday, support for RHEL and CentOS has
> been added to the build service.
> We also recently got support for Debian Etch and Ubuntu 7.10 on x86_64.
>
> The current list of supported targets for pre-compiled Heartbeat and
> Pacemaker packages is listed below.
> You can read the full press release at:
>
> http://www.novell.com/news/press/the-opensuse-build-service-expands-support-to-red-hat-and-centos/
>

> regards,
> Andrew
>
> * Built for i586 and x86_64
> + SLES 9
> + SLES 10
> + SUSE Linux 10.0
> + SUSE Linux 10.1
> + openSUSE 10.2
> + openSUSE 10.3
>
> + RHEL 5
> + CentOS 5
>
> + Fedora 6
> + Fedora 7
> + Fedora 8
>
> + Debian Etch
> + Ubuntu 7.10
>

> * Built for i586 only
> + Ubuntu 7.04
> + Mandriva 2006
> + Mandriva 2007

good news, thanks!

Any chance we could get RedHat 4 or CentOS 4 as well?

thanks,

Johan
RE: Heartbeat/Pacemaker packages now available for Debianx86_64, RHEL-5 and CentOS-5 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I got some rpms for RHEL5 from the build service.
There is no problem with them, but for gui rpm.
It seems that pacemaker-pygui cannot be erased using rpm command.

# rpm -e pacemaker-pygui-1.2-1.2
/sbin/ldconfig: relative path `0' used to build cache
error: %postun(pacemaker-pygui-1.2-1.2.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status
1

it's the same issue with this;
http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/dev/rev/6be96ba752a0

rpm for suse didn't display such a error, and could be erased succesfully.
it might be a specific symptom for redhat,
so I'd appreciate it if you fix it when you have time.

pacemaker-pygui is almost the same with heartbeat-gui for now,
Is it going to change its look and feel, or way to setting?

Thanks,
Junko

Re: Heartbeat/Pacemaker packages now available for Debianx86_64, RHEL-5 and CentOS-5 [ In reply to ]
On Jan 30, 2008, at 3:45 AM, Junko IKEDA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got some rpms for RHEL5 from the build service.
> There is no problem with them, but for gui rpm.
> It seems that pacemaker-pygui cannot be erased using rpm command.
>
> # rpm -e pacemaker-pygui-1.2-1.2
> /sbin/ldconfig: relative path `0' used to build cache
> error: %postun(pacemaker-pygui-1.2-1.2.x86_64) scriptlet failed,
> exit status
> 1
>
> it's the same issue with this;
> http://hg.beekhof.net/pacemaker/dev/rev/6be96ba752a0
>
> rpm for suse didn't display such a error, and could be erased
> succesfully.
> it might be a specific symptom for redhat,
> so I'd appreciate it if you fix it when you have time.

fixed. packages should be rebuilding as i write this

> pacemaker-pygui is almost the same with heartbeat-gui for now,
> Is it going to change its look and feel, or way to setting?

not that i know of
I wont be working on it myself, the CRM is enough to keep me very busy
for a long time ;-)

But I will take patches :)
There are also some folks from Novell China that have been making some
really good improvments