Mailing List Archive

Question regarding config directive 'crm yes' vs. 'crm respawn'
Hi all, hi Andrew,

congratulations to the first unitized heartbeat/crm-package-set.

In your docmentation I found this paragraph which I don't understand:
http://clusterlabs.org/mw/Initial_Configuration#Heartbeat_2

Therein you write '[...]or, if you plan to enable STONITH [...] crm respawn [...]'.

What do you mean with that in contrast to the directive 'crm yes'?

Document at http://www.linux-ha.org/ha.cf states that the directive
'crm' just takes 'HeartbeatBoolean' which is explained in the linked
document 'http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatBoolean'.
The document also states that 'crm yes' implies automatically the following
settings:
apiauth stonithd uid=root
apiauth crmd uid=hacluster
apiauth cib uid=hacluster

respawn hacluster ccm
respawn hacluster cib
respawn root stonithd
respawn root lrmd
respawn hacluster crmd

1) So, is this still true?
2) Is the directive 'crm' enhanced?
3) What is the difference between 'crm yes' and 'crm respawn'?
4) If it's different, can this be documented?

Best regards
Andreas Mock

Re: Question regarding config directive 'crm yes' vs. 'crm respawn' [ In reply to ]
On Jan 17, 2008, at 10:25 PM, Andreas Mock wrote:

> Hi all, hi Andrew,
>
> congratulations to the first unitized heartbeat/crm-package-set.
>
> In your docmentation I found this paragraph which I don't understand:
> http://clusterlabs.org/mw/Initial_Configuration#Heartbeat_2
>
> Therein you write '[...]or, if you plan to enable STONITH [...] crm
> respawn [...]'.
>
> What do you mean with that in contrast to the directive 'crm yes'?
>
> Document at http://www.linux-ha.org/ha.cf states that the directive
> 'crm' just takes 'HeartbeatBoolean' which is explained in the linked
> document 'http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatBoolean'.
> The document also states that 'crm yes' implies automatically the
> following
> settings:
> apiauth stonithd uid=root
> apiauth crmd uid=hacluster
> apiauth cib uid=hacluster
>
> respawn hacluster ccm
> respawn hacluster cib
> respawn root stonithd
> respawn root lrmd
> respawn hacluster crmd
>
> 1) So, is this still true?

no. its now (IIRC) the equivalent of

fastfail hacluster ccm
fastfail hacluster cib
respawn root stonithd
respawn root lrmd
fastfail hacluster crmd

> 2) Is the directive 'crm' enhanced?
> 3) What is the difference between 'crm yes' and 'crm respawn'?

'crm respawn' has the old semantics

> 4) If it's different, can this be documented?

sure