Mailing List Archive

[RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015
All,

it's been almost 6 years since we had a face to face meeting for all
developers and vendors involved in Linux HA.

I'd like to try and organize a new event and piggy-back with DevConf in
Brno [1].

DevConf will start Friday the 6th of Feb 2015 in Red Hat Brno offices.

My suggestion would be to have a 2 days dedicated HA summit the 4th and
the 5th of February.

The goal for this meeting is to, beside to get to know each other and
all social aspect of those events, tune the directions of the various HA
projects and explore common areas of improvements.

I am also very open to the idea of extending to 3 days, 1 one dedicated
to customers/users and 2 dedicated to developers, by starting the 3rd.

Thoughts?

Fabio

PS Please hit reply all or include me in CC just to make sure I'll see
an answer :)

[1] http://devconf.cz/
Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 08/09/14 06:30 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> All,
>
> it's been almost 6 years since we had a face to face meeting for all
> developers and vendors involved in Linux HA.
>
> I'd like to try and organize a new event and piggy-back with DevConf in
> Brno [1].
>
> DevConf will start Friday the 6th of Feb 2015 in Red Hat Brno offices.
>
> My suggestion would be to have a 2 days dedicated HA summit the 4th and
> the 5th of February.
>
> The goal for this meeting is to, beside to get to know each other and
> all social aspect of those events, tune the directions of the various HA
> projects and explore common areas of improvements.
>
> I am also very open to the idea of extending to 3 days, 1 one dedicated
> to customers/users and 2 dedicated to developers, by starting the 3rd.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Fabio
>
> PS Please hit reply all or include me in CC just to make sure I'll see
> an answer :)
>
> [1] http://devconf.cz/

I think this is a good idea. 3 days may be a good idea, as well.

I think I would be more useful trying to bring the user's perspective
more so than a developer's. So on that, I would like to propose a
discussion on merging some of the disparate lists, channels, sites, etc.
to help simplify life for new users looking for help from or to wanting
to join the HA community.

I also understand that Fabio will buy the first round of drinks. >:)

--
Digimer
access to education?
Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 08/09/14 06:30 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> All,
>
> it's been almost 6 years since we had a face to face meeting for all
> developers and vendors involved in Linux HA.
>
> I'd like to try and organize a new event and piggy-back with DevConf in
> Brno [1].
>
> DevConf will start Friday the 6th of Feb 2015 in Red Hat Brno offices.
>
> My suggestion would be to have a 2 days dedicated HA summit the 4th and
> the 5th of February.
>
> The goal for this meeting is to, beside to get to know each other and
> all social aspect of those events, tune the directions of the various HA
> projects and explore common areas of improvements.
>
> I am also very open to the idea of extending to 3 days, 1 one dedicated
> to customers/users and 2 dedicated to developers, by starting the 3rd.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Fabio
>
> PS Please hit reply all or include me in CC just to make sure I'll see
> an answer :)
>
> [1] http://devconf.cz/

How is this looking?

--
Digimer
access to education?
Re: [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
just a kind reminder.

On 9/8/2014 12:30 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> All,
>
> it's been almost 6 years since we had a face to face meeting for all
> developers and vendors involved in Linux HA.
>
> I'd like to try and organize a new event and piggy-back with DevConf in
> Brno [1].
>
> DevConf will start Friday the 6th of Feb 2015 in Red Hat Brno offices.
>
> My suggestion would be to have a 2 days dedicated HA summit the 4th and
> the 5th of February.
>
> The goal for this meeting is to, beside to get to know each other and
> all social aspect of those events, tune the directions of the various HA
> projects and explore common areas of improvements.
>
> I am also very open to the idea of extending to 3 days, 1 one dedicated
> to customers/users and 2 dedicated to developers, by starting the 3rd.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Fabio
>
> PS Please hit reply all or include me in CC just to make sure I'll see
> an answer :)
>
> [1] http://devconf.cz/

Could you please let me know by end of Nov if you are interested or not?

I have heard only from few people so far.

Cheers
Fabio
Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
All the cool kids will be there.

You want to be a cool kid, right?

:p

On 01/11/14 01:06 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> just a kind reminder.
>
> On 9/8/2014 12:30 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> it's been almost 6 years since we had a face to face meeting for all
>> developers and vendors involved in Linux HA.
>>
>> I'd like to try and organize a new event and piggy-back with DevConf in
>> Brno [1].
>>
>> DevConf will start Friday the 6th of Feb 2015 in Red Hat Brno offices.
>>
>> My suggestion would be to have a 2 days dedicated HA summit the 4th and
>> the 5th of February.
>>
>> The goal for this meeting is to, beside to get to know each other and
>> all social aspect of those events, tune the directions of the various HA
>> projects and explore common areas of improvements.
>>
>> I am also very open to the idea of extending to 3 days, 1 one dedicated
>> to customers/users and 2 dedicated to developers, by starting the 3rd.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Fabio
>>
>> PS Please hit reply all or include me in CC just to make sure I'll see
>> an answer :)
>>
>> [1] http://devconf.cz/
>
> Could you please let me know by end of Nov if you are interested or not?
>
> I have heard only from few people so far.
>
> Cheers
> Fabio

Digimer
access to education?
Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 01:19:35AM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> All the cool kids will be there.
>
> You want to be a cool kid, right?

Well, no. ;-)

But I'll still be there,
and a few other Linbit'ers as well.

Fabio, let us know what we could do to help make it happen.

Lars

Re: [ha-wg] [Linux-HA] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 11/5/2014 4:16 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 01:19:35AM -0400, Digimer wrote:
>> All the cool kids will be there.
>>
>> You want to be a cool kid, right?
>
> Well, no. ;-)
>
> But I'll still be there,
> and a few other Linbit'ers as well.
>
> Fabio, let us know what we could do to help make it happen.

I appreciate the offer.

Assuming we achieve quorum to do the event, I´d say that I´ll take of
the meeting rooms/hotel logistics and one "lunch and learn" pizza event.
It would be nice if others could organize a dinner event.

Cheers
Fabio

Re: [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]