Mailing List Archive

Antw: Re: Proposal to drop vgck in LVM RA
Hi!

I think once vgck would use kernel data structures to find the disks that belong to an active VG (instead of reading all available disks and partitions with O_DIRECT), tis would be a non-issue. But as long as all the lvm Commands have that terrible performance with a large number of disks (on a shared storage specifically) I'd not use it. Currently it creates problems instead of solving such.

Regards,
Ulrich