Today, I have two major announcements to make: crmsh is moving to a
new location, and I'm releasing the next major version of the crm
shell!

== Find us at crmsh.github.io

Since the rest of the High-Availability stack is being developed over
at Github, we thought it would make things easier to move crmsh over
there as well. This means we're not only moving the website and issue
tracker, we're also switching from Mercurial to git.

From this release forward, you will find everything crmsh-related at
http://crmsh.github.io, and the source code at
https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh.

Here are the new URLs related to crmsh:

* Website: http://crmsh.github.io/

* Documentation: http://crmsh.github.io/documentation.html

* Source repository: https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/

* Issue tracker: https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/issues/

Not everything has moved quite yet, but the source code and web site
are in place.

== New stable release: crmsh 2.0

Secondly, we are proud to finally release crmsh 2.0! This is the
version of crmsh I have been developing since I became a maintainer
last year, and there are a lot of new and improved features in this
release.

For a more complete list of changes since the previous version, please
refer to the changelog:

* https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/blob/2.0.0/ChangeLog

Packages for several popular Linux distributions (updated soon):

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/

Zip archive of the tagged release:

* https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh/archive/2.0.0.zip

Here is a short list of some of the biggest changes and features in
crmsh 2.0:

* *More stable than ever before!* Many bugs and issues have been
fixed, with plenty of help from the community. At the same time,
this is a major release with many new features. Testing and pull
requests are more than welcome!

* *Cluster management commands.* We've added a couple of new
sub-levels that help with the installation and management of the
cluster, as well as maintaining and synchronizing the corosync
configuration across nodes. There are now commands for starting and
stopping the cluster services, as well as cluster scripts that
make the installation and configuration of cluster-controlled
resources a one-line command.

* *Cleaner CLI syntax.* The parser for the configure syntax of
crmsh has been rewritten, allowing for cleaner syntax, better
error detection and improved error messages.

* *Tab completion everywhere.* Now tab completion works not only in
the interactive mode, but directly from bash. In addition, the
completion back end has been completely rewritten and many more
commands now have full completion. It's not quite every single
command yet, but we're getting there.

* *New and improved configuration.* The new configuration file is
installed in /etc/crm/crm.conf by default or per user if desired,
and allows for a much more flexible configuration of crmsh.

* *Cluster health evaluation.* As part of the cluster script
functionality, there is now a cluster health command which
analyses and reports on low disk space, problems with network
configuration, firewall configuration issues and more. The best part
of the cluster health command is that it can work without a
configured cluster, providing a checklist of issues to amend before
setting up a new cluster.

* *And wait, there's more!* There is now not only an extensive
regression test suite but a growing set of unit tests as well,
support for many new features in Pacemaker 1.1.11 such as resource
sets in location constraints, anonymous shadow CIBs makes it easier
to avoid race conditions in scripts, full syntax highlighting for
the built-in help, the assist sub-command helps with more advanced
configurations... the list goes on.

Big thanks to everyone who have helped with bug fixes, comments and
contributions for this release!

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@suse.com
Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
Hi Kristoffer,

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 06:03:33PM +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Today, I have two major announcements to make: crmsh is moving to a
> new location, and I'm releasing the next major version of the crm
> shell!

Congratulations for the new release! The crmsh made big strides
forward since I've been away. Great work and many thanks!

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
Hi Kristoffer,

I may be missing something, but anyways.
crmsh did not support "Using Rules to Control Resource Options"
(http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/_using_rules_to_control_resource_options.html)
in the past.
Is it supported now, or, if not, do you have plans implementing such
support?

Best,
Vladislav

Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 May 2014 08:26:27 +0300
Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:

> Hi Kristoffer,
>
> I may be missing something, but anyways.
> crmsh did not support "Using Rules to Control Resource Options"
> (http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/_using_rules_to_control_resource_options.html)
> in the past.
> Is it supported now, or, if not, do you have plans implementing such
> support?

Hi Vladislav,

crmsh 2.0 as released unfortunately does not support rules in
attribute lists. However, I am working on this specific feature right
now, and it is almost ready to be merged into the mainline development
branch. I should have it ready some time this week. Once that is in, I
will also release crmsh 2.1, so there will be packages available that
supports this feature.

The syntax will be something like the following:

primitive mySpecialRsc me:Special \
params 3: rule #uname eq node1 interface=eth1 \
params 2: rule #uname eq node2 interface=eth2 port=8888 \
params 1: interface=eth0 port=9999

Cheers,
Kristoffer

> Best,
> Vladislav

// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@suse.com
Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
13.05.2014 11:30, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014 08:26:27 +0300
> Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kristoffer,
>>
>> I may be missing something, but anyways.
>> crmsh did not support "Using Rules to Control Resource Options"
>> (http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/_using_rules_to_control_resource_options.html)
>> in the past.
>> Is it supported now, or, if not, do you have plans implementing such
>> support?
>>

> Hi Vladislav,
>
> crmsh 2.0 as released unfortunately does not support rules in
> attribute lists. However, I am working on this specific feature right
> now, and it is almost ready to be merged into the mainline development
> branch. I should have it ready some time this week. Once that is in, I
> will also release crmsh 2.1, so there will be packages available that
> supports this feature.

Awesome!
Thank you for info.

Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 May 2014 11:42:16 +0300
Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:

> > crmsh 2.0 as released unfortunately does not support rules in
> > attribute lists. However, I am working on this specific feature
> > right now, and it is almost ready to be merged into the mainline
> > development branch. I should have it ready some time this week.
> > Once that is in, I will also release crmsh 2.1, so there will be
> > packages available that supports this feature.
>
> Awesome!
> Thank you for info.

Hi again,

Unfortunately due to some unrelated changes in crmsh I am not quite
ready to release 2.1 just yet, but support for rules in attribute lists
has been added to the github master branch now:

https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh

The release of the new version is coming soon, but until then, it
should be possible to build updated rpms for all platforms from source.

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@suse.com
Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
26.05.2014 15:01, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014 11:42:16 +0300
> Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>
>>> crmsh 2.0 as released unfortunately does not support rules in
>>> attribute lists. However, I am working on this specific feature
>>> right now, and it is almost ready to be merged into the mainline
>>> development branch. I should have it ready some time this week.
>>> Once that is in, I will also release crmsh 2.1, so there will be
>>> packages available that supports this feature.
>>
>> Awesome!
>> Thank you for info.
>
> Hi again,
>
> Unfortunately due to some unrelated changes in crmsh I am not quite
> ready to release 2.1 just yet, but support for rules in attribute lists
> has been added to the github master branch now:
>
> https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh
>
> The release of the new version is coming soon, but until then, it
> should be possible to build updated rpms for all platforms from source.

Thanks Kristoffer!

Are there any known deficiencies which may affect operation?

Vladislav

Re: crmsh 2.0 released, and moving to Github [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 26 May 2014 15:13:00 +0300
Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble@hoster-ok.com> wrote:

> 26.05.2014 15:01, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:

> >> Awesome!
> >> Thank you for info.
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Unfortunately due to some unrelated changes in crmsh I am not quite
> > ready to release 2.1 just yet, but support for rules in attribute
> > lists has been added to the github master branch now:
> >
> > https://github.com/crmsh/crmsh
> >
> > The release of the new version is coming soon, but until then, it
> > should be possible to build updated rpms for all platforms from
> > source.
> >

> Thanks Kristoffer!
>
> Are there any known deficiencies which may affect operation?
>
> Vladislav

No, there are no known issues with the master branch at this time.

For crmsh 2.1, I also want to add support for using the id-ref tag in
nvpairs, as in the 1.3 schema:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/master/xml/nvset-1.3.rng

This is not yet committed.

--