The full list of changes for the linux-ha RA set is available in
ChangeLog:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/v3.9.5rc1/ChangeLog

We'll allow a week for testing. The final release is planned for
Feb 6.

Many thanks to all contributors!

Best,

The resource-agents maintainers
Re: announcement: resource-agents release candidate 3.9.5rc1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Does IPaddr2 need to support 'eth0:label' format in a single 'nic'
parameter when you want to use an interface label?

I thought it does't from the mata-data description of 'nic' but it
looks conflicting with the 'iflabel' description;

nic:
Do NOT specify an alias interface in the form eth0:1 or anything here;
rather, specify the base interface only.
If you want a label, see the iflabel parameter.

iflabel:
(omit)
If a label is specified in nic name, this parameter has no effect.

The latest IPaddr2 (findif.sh version) would reject it as an invalid
nic has specified.
If we do need to support it I will submit a patch for this.

Thanks,

2013/1/30 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
> Hello,
>
> The current resource-agents repository has been tagged
> v3.9.5rc1. It is mainly a bug fix release.
>
> The full list of changes for the linux-ha RA set is available in
> ChangeLog:
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/v3.9.5rc1/ChangeLog
>
> We'll allow a week for testing. The final release is planned for
> Feb 6.
>
> Many thanks to all contributors!
>
> Best,
>
> The resource-agents maintainers

Keisuke MORI
Re: announcement: resource-agents release candidate 3.9.5rc1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Keisuke-san,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:33:49PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does IPaddr2 need to support 'eth0:label' format in a single 'nic'
> parameter when you want to use an interface label?
>
> I thought it does't from the mata-data description of 'nic' but it
> looks conflicting with the 'iflabel' description;
>
> nic:
> Do NOT specify an alias interface in the form eth0:1 or anything here;
> rather, specify the base interface only.
> If you want a label, see the iflabel parameter.
>
> iflabel:
> (omit)
> If a label is specified in nic name, this parameter has no effect.

Hmpf.

> The latest IPaddr2 (findif.sh version) would reject it as an invalid
> nic has specified.
> If we do need to support it I will submit a patch for this.

I'd rather just update the iflabel description. After all,
normally one doesn't need to specify the nic. But you'll
get different preferences from different people :)
However, it seems to be a regression, so we should probably allow
labels. BTW, is this related to
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues/200 ?

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: announcement: resource-agents release candidate 3.9.5rc1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

2013/1/31 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
>> The latest IPaddr2 (findif.sh version) would reject it as an invalid
>> nic has specified.
>> If we do need to support it I will submit a patch for this.
>
> I'd rather just update the iflabel description.

Me too, but

> After all,
> normally one doesn't need to specify the nic. But you'll
> get different preferences from different people :)
> However, it seems to be a regression, so we should probably allow
> labels.

Yes, that is true. I will submit a patch tomorrow.

> BTW, is this related to
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues/200 ?

Yes, the proposed patch in #200 would not support the nic:label format
either so it should be re-written in a different way. Honestly I'm
wondering if it is really worth to fix #200 though.

Keisuke MORI