Mailing List Archive

Q: Xen RA: node_ip_attribute
Hi!

I have a question on the Xen RA: The docs say:
---(resource-agents-3.9.3-0.7.1 of SLES 11 SP2)---
node_ip_attribute (string): Node attribute containing target IP address
In case of a live migration, the system will default to using the IP
address associated with the hostname via DNS or /etc/hosts.

This parameter allows you to specify a node attribute that will be
queried instead for the target node, overriding the IP address. This
allows you to use a dedicated network for live migration traffic to a
specific node.

Warning: make very sure the IP address does point to the right node. Or
else the live migration will end up somewhere else, greatly confusing
the cluster and causing havoc.
---

Now if I have a > 2 node cluster, do I need to specify multiple IP addresses? If not which IP address should I specify. I feel the documentation is wrong or incomplete.

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Q: Xen RA: node_ip_attribute [ In reply to ]
On 2012-09-20T08:47:59, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> ---(resource-agents-3.9.3-0.7.1 of SLES 11 SP2)---
> node_ip_attribute (string): Node attribute containing target IP address
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> In case of a live migration, the system will default to using the IP
> address associated with the hostname via DNS or /etc/hosts.
>

> Now if I have a > 2 node cluster, do I need to specify multiple IP addresses? If not which IP address should I specify. I feel the documentation is wrong or incomplete.

You specify a the name/key of a node attribute here.

And then you set that one on each node to the IP address you want to use
for that node. You only specify one IP per node.

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA