more problems on the node than a failed volume group.

Cheers,

Dejan
Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

I agree to your patch.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 11:32:05AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> I agree to your patch.

Thank you for the reply.

BTW, the monitor was shamelessly stolen from Vladislav.

Applied.

ocft test passed (after some struggle and eventually fixing the
ocft source).

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

I change validate-all and want to change it to always carry out validate-all.
I abolish vgck/vgdisplay carried out in validate-all and intend to make only the check of the parameter simply.

How do you think?

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 10:50:39AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> I change validate-all and want to change it to always carry out validate-all.
> I abolish vgck/vgdisplay carried out in validate-all and intend to make only the check of the parameter simply.
>
> How do you think?

Isn't it that validate-all may be really necessary only in the
start action? The repeating monitor is scheduled only after a
successful start.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

Thank you for comments.

> > I change validate-all and want to change it to always carry out validate-all.
> > I abolish vgck/vgdisplay carried out in validate-all and intend to make only the check of the parameter simply.
> >
> > How do you think?
>
> Isn't it that validate-all may be really necessary only in the
> start action? The repeating monitor is scheduled only after a
> successful start.

It may be surely necessary as you say.
However, I think validate-all to unify it so that it is always carried out.

How about what the check of vgck/vgdisplay chooses it in a parameter and can carry out?

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

I send the patch which I thought about just to make sure.

Change 1) Changed validate-all to the parameter checks. And always call it.
Change 2) Chose vgck/vgdisplay by start processing and carried it out.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:18:07AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> Thank you for comments.
>
> > > I change validate-all and want to change it to always carry out validate-all.
> > > I abolish vgck/vgdisplay carried out in validate-all and intend to make only the check of the parameter simply.
> > >
> > > How do you think?
> >
> > Isn't it that validate-all may be really necessary only in the
> > start action? The repeating monitor is scheduled only after a
> > successful start.
>
> It may be surely necessary as you say.
> However, I think validate-all to unify it so that it is always carried out.

But why?

> How about what the check of vgck/vgdisplay chooses it in a parameter and can carry out?

Again, why? It doesn't make any difference for a running
resource? We may do this before the start operation, of course.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

Thank you for comments.

> Hi Hideo-san,
>
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:18:07AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> > Hi Dejan,
> >
> > Thank you for comments.

> > > Isn't it that validate-all may be really necessary only in the
> > > start action? The repeating monitor is scheduled only after a
> > > successful start.
> >
> > It may be surely necessary as you say.
> > However, I think validate-all to unify it so that it is always carried out.
>
> But why?

There is the resource to carry out validate-all every time a lot.
We wish it becomes LVM in the same way.

> > How about what the check of vgck/vgdisplay chooses it in a parameter and can carry out?
>
> Again, why? It doesn't make any difference for a running
> resource? We may do this before the start operation, of course.

My correction is different from original LVM in big validate-all.

There were many mistakes to my patch.
And I think about a patch again and send it.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:43:00PM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> Thank you for comments.
>

> > Hi Hideo-san,
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:18:07AM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> > > Hi Dejan,
> > >
> > > Thank you for comments.

> > > It may be surely necessary as you say.
> > > However, I think validate-all to unify it so that it is always carried out.
> >
> > But why?
>
> There is the resource to carry out validate-all every time a lot.
> We wish it becomes LVM in the same way.

That's not a good reason. Testing if binaries exist on every
monitor operation really doesn't make much sense. Why would you
expect programs to start disappearing? And if they do, we may
have a much more serious problem to deal with.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: LVM monitor change [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

Thank you for comments.

> That's not a good reason. Testing if binaries exist on every
> monitor operation really doesn't make much sense. Why would you
> expect programs to start disappearing? And if they do, we may
> have a much more serious problem to deal with.

All right.

We withdraw this patch.
And let me discuss it when we review overall RA next again.

Many Thanks,
Hideo Yamauchi.