Hi All,

I made the patch which revised the old next problem.

* http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/70262

In consideration of influence when a parameter was changed, I replace only a value of timeout.

Please confirm my patch.
And please commit a patch.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.
Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
Hi Hideo-san,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 06:21:00PM +0900, renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I made the patch which revised the old next problem.
>
> * http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/70262
>
> In consideration of influence when a parameter was changed, I replace only a value of timeout.
>
> Please confirm my patch.
> And please commit a patch.

It looks like a wrong place for a fix. Shouldn't crmd send all
environment? It is only by chance that we have the timeout value
available in this function.

Cheers,

Dejan

Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
Hi Dejan,

Thank you for comment.

> It looks like a wrong place for a fix. Shouldn't crmd send all
> environment? It is only by chance that we have the timeout value
> available in this function.

In the case of stop, crmd does not ask lrmd for the substitution of the parameter. .

(snip)
/* reset the resource's parameters? */
if(op->interval == 0) {
if(safe_str_eq(CRMD_ACTION_START, operation)
|| safe_str_eq(CRMD_ACTION_STATUS, operation)) {
op->copyparams = 1;
}
}
(snip)

When the parameter of the resource is changed, I think this to be because I influence the stop of the resource of lrmd.
It is necessary for the changed parameter not to copy it.

My patch is an example when I handle it in lrmd.

Is there a better patch?
* For example, it may be good to give copyparams a different value.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM, <renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> Thank you for comment.
>
>> It looks like a wrong place for a fix. Shouldn't crmd send all
>> environment? It is only by chance that we have the timeout value
>> available in this function.
>
> In the case of stop, crmd does not ask lrmd for the substitution of the parameter. .
>
> (snip)
>        /* reset the resource's parameters? */
>        if(op->interval == 0) {
>            if(safe_str_eq(CRMD_ACTION_START, operation)
>               || safe_str_eq(CRMD_ACTION_STATUS, operation)) {
>                op->copyparams = 1;
>            }
>        }
> (snip)
>
> When the parameter of the resource is changed, I think this to be because I influence the stop of the resource of lrmd.
> It is necessary for the changed parameter not to copy it.

When stopping, you always want to use the old parameters (think of
someone changing 'ip' for an IPaddr resource).
Options that are interpreted by the crmd or lrmd are a different
matter which resulted in:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/fcfe6fe522138343e4138248829926700fac213e

Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for comment.

> When stopping, you always want to use the old parameters (think of
> someone changing 'ip' for an IPaddr resource).
> Options that are interpreted by the crmd or lrmd are a different
> matter which resulted in:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/fcfe6fe522138343e4138248829926700fac213e

All right.
Will you apply this correction to 1.0 of Pacemaker?

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.

Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM, <renayama19661014@ybb.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thank you for comment.
>
>> When stopping, you always want to use the old parameters (think of
>> someone changing 'ip' for an IPaddr resource).
>> Options that are interpreted by the crmd or lrmd are a different
>> matter which resulted in:
>>     https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/fcfe6fe522138343e4138248829926700fac213e
>>

> All right.
> Will you apply this correction to 1.0 of Pacemaker?

Sure. We'll pick it up for .13

Re: [Patch] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_timeout not matching monitor timeout meta-data. [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

> > All right.
> > Will you apply this correction to 1.0 of Pacemaker?
>
> Sure. We'll pick it up for .13

Many Thanks!!