Mailing List Archive

[GIT PULL] Moving the OCF RA dev guide to the resource-agents repo
Hi everyone,

this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time, and I've
finally had the time to do so. Now that the ClusterLabs repo on Github
has been established as the central source of OCF resource agents, there
is really no reason why the RA dev guide should live in the linux-ha.org
Mercurial repo any longer. I've informally proposed to move it to Github
on IRC and received very positive feedback on that.

I've done some mangling with git and hg to preserve the guide's entire
history, so this pull request is a bit bloated because of that.

So as not to clutter the doc/ directory, I've created two subdirs,
"doc/dev-guide" (for the dev guide sources) and "doc/man" (for the magic
that does man page autogeneration for RAs). I've updated configure.ac
and the Automake files accordingly.

If I don't hear from anyone with a valid objection to moving this over
to Github, I'll proceed with the merge about 48 hours from now.

Cheers,
Florian

The following changes since commit 020c8f7b08e232aef05e277b09632171a7561744:

Medium: jboss: add the java_opts parameter for java options
(2011-11-15 16:27:26 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
git://github.com/fghaas/resource-agents dev-guide

Dejan Muhamedagic (1):
RA dev guide: edit ocft description

Florian Haas (68):
doc: move man page generation to doc/man
Add RA developer's guide
RA dev guide: explain API
RA dev guide: add info about expected behavior for actions
RA dev guide: add information about pseudo resources
RA dev guide: add information about logging, ocf_run, and locks
RA dev guide: add info about script interpreters
RA dev guide: more information about pseudo resources
RA dev guide: add info about testing for booleans and numbers
RA dev guide: add separate section on convenience functions
RA dev guide: explain have_binary and check_binary
RA dev guide: explain validate-all and meta-data
RA dev guide: do not use full paths when referring to executables
RA dev guide: update example metadata
RA dev guide: add line breaks in example metadata
RA dev guide: add stubs for remaining actions
RA dev guide: add section on variables
RA dev guide: add stubs for initialization and locale considerations
RA dev guide: add info about promote action
RA dev guide: explain demote action
RA dev guide: explain notify actions
RA dev guide: explain migrate_to operation
RA dev guide: explain migrate_from actions
Add information about licensing, initialization, and locale settings
RA dev guide: add hints for syntax highlighting
RA dev guide: fix typo
RA dev guide: fix incorrect debug message in example code
RA dev guide: fix a misleading comment
RA dev guide: fix example code for stop action
RA dev guide: fix incorrect function name
RA dev guide: fix trivial typo
RA dev guide: add information about crm_master
RA dev guide: rewrite monitor example
RA dev guide: add convenience function names to the corresponding
section headers
RA dev guide: add legal notice for CC-BY-SA license
RA dev guide: add note about ocf_is_true
RA dev guide: add new section on resource agent structure
RA dev guide: fix typos (migrate-*/migrate_*)
RA dev guide: fix typo (missing "it")
RA dev guide: improve stop example
RA dev guide: fix comments in demote example
RA dev guide: mention the checkbashisms script for /bin/sh RAs
RA dev guide: fix misleading comment
RA dev guide: add section on testing for running processes
RA dev guide: put return codes in a separate section
RA dev guide: add warning about implications of failed stop actions
RA dev guide: clarify information on timeouts
RA dev guide: add note about HA_RSCTMP being cleaned on startup
RA dev guide: rename "Resource agent behavior" to "Resource agent
actions"
RA dev guide: add a section about ocf-tester
RA dev guide: move testing to a different section
RA dev guide: add section on installing resource agents
RA dev guide: add section on RPM packaging
RA dev guide: expand license information
RA dev guide: add section on Debian packaging
RA dev guide: add note about submitting RAs
RA dev guide: fix names of notify variables
RA dev guide: add another note about crm_master
RA dev guide: put author information in docinfo file
RA dev guide: add revision information to docinfo file
RA dev guide: remove information about superfluous tests for zombies
RA dev guide: add revision 1.0.1, update copyright years
RA dev guide: add "Conventions" section
RA dev guide: put testing into its own top-level section
RA dev guide: add section on ocft
RA dev guide: fix typo
doc: move RA dev guide to doc/dev-guides
RA dev guide: update author affiliations and copyright notices

Holger Teutsch (1):
RA dev guide: fix shell syntax in example code

Tim Serong (1):
RA dev guide: ocf_run: replace -v with -q

configure.ac | 1 +
doc/Makefile.am | 137 +---
doc/dev-guides/ra-dev-guide-docinfo.xml | 89 ++
doc/dev-guides/ra-dev-guide.txt | 1945
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
doc/man/Makefile.am | 159 +++
doc/{ => man}/mkappendix.sh | 0
doc/{ => man}/ra2refentry.xsl | 0
doc/{ => man}/ralist.sh | 0
create mode 100644 doc/dev-guides/ra-dev-guide-docinfo.xml
create mode 100644 doc/dev-guides/ra-dev-guide.txt
create mode 100644 doc/man/Makefile.am
rename doc/{ => man}/mkappendix.sh (100%)
rename doc/{ => man}/ra2refentry.xsl (100%)
rename doc/{ => man}/ralist.sh (100%)

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now
Re: [GIT PULL] Moving the OCF RA dev guide to the resource-agents repo [ In reply to ]
On 11/16/11 10:37, Florian Haas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time, and I've
> finally had the time to do so. Now that the ClusterLabs repo on Github
> has been established as the central source of OCF resource agents, there
> is really no reason why the RA dev guide should live in the linux-ha.org
> Mercurial repo any longer. I've informally proposed to move it to Github
> on IRC and received very positive feedback on that.
>
> I've done some mangling with git and hg to preserve the guide's entire
> history, so this pull request is a bit bloated because of that.
>
> So as not to clutter the doc/ directory, I've created two subdirs,
> "doc/dev-guide" (for the dev guide sources) and "doc/man" (for the magic
> that does man page autogeneration for RAs). I've updated configure.ac
> and the Automake files accordingly.
>
> If I don't hear from anyone with a valid objection to moving this over
> to Github, I'll proceed with the merge about 48 hours from now.

Done. Merged and pushed. I'll now add a few updates and then rebuild the
content hosted at
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/dev-guides/ra-dev-guide.html. I guess I
should be able to upload the new stuff some time between now and Monday
morning.

For those building resource agent man pages in a git checkout, please
remember to rerun ./autogen.sh and ./configure (or run autoreconf) as
the generated man pages (and their Automake file) have moved from doc/
to doc/man/.

Cheers,
Florian