[. BSc in Computer Science -- MSc coming soon -- Gospel User -- Linuxer ]
[. Fault Tolerance - Real-Time - Distributed Systems - IECLB - IS 40:31 ]
[. LateNite Programmer -- Jesus Is The Solid Rock On Which I Stand -- ]
About specs and RPMs... [ In reply to ]
"Luis Claudio R. Goncalves" wrote:

> I was wondering (again...)
>
> Is there any reason to use /usr/doc/heartbeat and not
> /usr/usr/doc/%{name}-%{version} as all the other polite rpms does?

No. As you've seen in my makefiles, they predate having all those nice
macros in the Specfile, so I support it in a little different way, but I
think that Volker had suggested the current format some time in the dim
and distant past...

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
About specs and RPMs... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Alan Robertson wrote:

> "Luis Claudio R. Goncalves" wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering (again...)
> >
> > Is there any reason to use /usr/doc/heartbeat and not
> > /usr/usr/doc/%{name}-%{version} as all the other polite rpms does?
>
> No. As you've seen in my makefiles, they predate having all those nice
> macros in the Specfile, so I support it in a little different way, but I
> think that Volker had suggested the current format some time in the dim
> and distant past...

Actually I think it was me who was asking for this. The reason is that
I am using the tar source files and not the rpm files. And here its a problem
when you issue a 'make install' and for each new version you get a
new directory with heartbeat doc files.

Holger