x-cellent technologies
munich
Germany
how to enforce takeover [ In reply to ]
Stefan Majer wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I set up a lvs cluster with two lvs nodes made ha with heartbeat.
> all is working well right now but i miss a feature that i can not
> find in any man pages or documentation.
> The feature im missing is to tell the active or inactive node to
> enforce takeover. This is mainly for situations where you want to
> maintain the active node. This would enable me and other users to
> activate the secondary, then upgrade the primary node and switch back
> to update the secondary.
>
> If someone could tell me if this feature is probably already
> implemted , if not give me a hint where to start implementation.

At this point, the only way to do this is to shut down heartbeat. It is
effective, but a little crude.

This will be nicer once we get the nice_failback feature into heartbeat,
so that the primary won't automatically take things back over just
because it has come back up.

Expect this feature in 2 weeks or so.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com