[. BSc in Computer Science -- MSc coming soon -- Gospel User -- Linuxer ]
[. Fault Tolerance - Real-Time - Distributed Systems - IECLB - IS 40:31 ]
[. LateNite Programmer -- Jesus Is The Solid Rock On Which I Stand -- ]
make_realtime()... [ In reply to ]
"Luis Claudio R. Goncalves" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What's the idea behind make_realtime()?
>
> I'm having some problems with the last CVS code... and it seems to
> be related to make_realtime(). Whenever one node takes the resources
> it hangs. To be more exact, it doesn't hangs - it stills replying
> pings, but I can't log in, can't ssh or telnet to and can't do
> anything else. It's the expected behavior? :)

I neglected to read this particular part of the manual page:
Miscellaneous
Child processes inherit the scheduling algorithm and
parameters across a fork.

This means that whatever services heartbeat forks run in the real time
scheduling priority. This is clearly a mistake. I've fixed it in my
copy. I'll commit it soon.

Sorry!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com