Mailing List Archive

[LinuxFailSafe] RE: LinuxFailSafe Symposium
Chris Wright wrote:

> > Several people have requested a symposium on the LinuxFailSafe effort,
> > similar to the one Red Hat sponsored on Stephen's designs in January.
> > There will probably be one associated with the SANE conference in May,
> > but that's a little farther out than we wanted.
>
> this sounds great...i agree sooner is better!!
>
> > I'm in the process of setting up a one-day symposium for Friday, March
> > 31st in the Denver area (probably in the north end of town). At least
> > Lars Marowsky-Bree and Volker Wiegand and I will be there ;-)
>
> Will there be any SGI folks there?? Do you have an agenda of sorts? I'm
> interested in going, but want to make sure that the time will be well spent.

It looks like there will be 3 SGI people. They are enthusiastic about
attending, and are scrambling to make proper arrangements just like all
of you. I'm scrambling to make arrangements too, just of a different
sort :-)

Just got this preliminary information from Simon Patience of SGI...

> FYI It currently looks like there will be 3 people from SGI there. We are
> nailing down the details, like who and what we will do. :-)
>
> Simon.

I put our best guess at speakers and an agenda on the web site. Please
look there, since cut-and-paste in Netscape seems to be broken for me at
the moment :-(

http://www.linux-ha.org/LinuxFailSafeSeminar.html

Thanks again to everyone who is scrambling to try and be there!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
Re: [LinuxFailSafe] Re: LinuxFailSafe Symposium [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for pointing it out. Please check out
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe for the announcement.

-Mayank.