Mailing List Archive

LinuxFailSafe Symposium
Hi,

Several people have requested a symposium on the LinuxFailSafe effort,
similar to the one Red Hat sponsored on Stephen's designs in January.
There will probably be one associated with the SANE conference in May,
but that's a little farther out than we wanted.

As a result, I've started putting one together - for the VERY near
future (we'll probably still have some kind of get-together at SANE).

I'm in the process of setting up a one-day symposium for Friday, March
31st in the Denver area (probably in the north end of town). At least
Lars Marowsky-Bree and Volker Wiegand and I will be there ;-) We will
also attend the CLIQ High-Availability Birds-of-a-Feather session in the
south part of town on Saturday, April 1st.

If you want to come to that too, then register here:
http://thecliq.com/

Please RSVP to me if you plan on attending the LinuxFailSafe event on
Friday, March 31st.

I'll put future updates concerning this event on the LinuxFailSafe
mailing list. As a reminder, you can subscribe here:

Details will be forthcoming as soon as I have them.

Sorry for the late notice, but I only lately realized the opportunity we
had to catch Lars and Volker and me together in the US at the same time
:-)

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com
LinuxFailSafe Symposium [ In reply to ]
> Several people have requested a symposium on the LinuxFailSafe effort,
> similar to the one Red Hat sponsored on Stephen's designs in January.
> There will probably be one associated with the SANE conference in May,
> but that's a little farther out than we wanted.

this sounds great...i agree sooner is better!!

> I'm in the process of setting up a one-day symposium for Friday, March
> 31st in the Denver area (probably in the north end of town). At least
> Lars Marowsky-Bree and Volker Wiegand and I will be there ;-)

Will there be any SGI folks there?? Do you have an agenda of sorts? I'm
interested in going, but want to make sure that the time will be well spent.

Cheers,
-chris
Re: LinuxFailSafe Symposium [ In reply to ]
Alan,

What's the story on the FailSafe symposium at SGI? Do you want a head
count of who's coming? I don't see anything at
oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe...

Thanks,
Dan

Alan Robertson wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> At this point, the availability of source code to FailSafe is imminent. Expect
> an announcement Real Soon Now (like next week -- hint, hint).
>
> At the last FailSafe symposium at the end of March, we had requests to hold
> another meeting. The observant among you will notice that this hasn't happened
> yet :-) Sorry for the delay, but we've all been busy with FailSafe.
>
> Since we've completed the first phase in the development and open sourcing of
> Linux FailSafe, SGI & SuSE invite you to another Linux FailSafe Symposium
> to discuss the current state and future plans! There will be discussion on the
> architecture, current state of the software, a demonstration, and best of all,
> how you can get involved and make use of this technology. Plan to be there!
>
> When: August 18, 2000 9 am - 4 pm
>
> Where: Cafe IRIS, SGI campus
> 1600 Amphitheater parkway, building 5,
> Mountain View, CA, 94043
>
> RSVP to: Alan Robertson (alanr@suse.com)
>
> Visit http://oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe for details
>
> [.Since the hardware is already at SGI, we hope to keep it from getting lost
> before the demo this time ;-)]
>
> -- Alan Robertson
> alanr@suse.com

> Linux HA Web Site:
> http://linux-ha.org/
> Linux HA HOWTO:
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/linux-ha/High-Availability-HOWTO.html

Dan Yocum, Sr. Linux Consultant
Linuxcare, Inc.
630.697.8066 tel
yocum@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com

Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.
Re: LinuxFailSafe Symposium [ In reply to ]
Dan Yocum wrote:

> Alan,
>
> What's the story on the FailSafe symposium at SGI? Do you want a head
> count of who's coming? I don't see anything at
> oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe...
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I don't control that web site, but yes it does ask that you RSVP to me.

Thanks!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@suse.com