Mailing List Archive

Quotations from Rudy Pawul...
Our very own Rudy Pawul is now a media celebrity ;-) Rudy was quoted by Network
World Fusion in their article "A dose of open source realism". Here's what Rudy
had to say...

> "Open source software is just going to keep creeping in, but
> nobody's going to make a wholesale replacement of their
> systems with open source solutions," said Bazaar attendee
> Rudy Pawul, a systems administrator for ISO New England, the
> company that manages the electrical power grid for New
> England.
>
> Still, Pawul said he couldn't do his job without open source
> software, noting that he uses Apache Web server and Linux
> systems as file servers and Domain Name System servers in
> his network.
>
> "Open source software is just better and faster than lots of
> commercial software that's on the market," he says. "I don't
> know anyone in my position who doesn't use it somewhere in
> their job."

They talk about Linux-HA at the top of the article, but it's too bad they didn't
ask Rudy about it...

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com

http://www.idg.net/servlet/ContentServlet?global_doc_id=108027&page_id=712&content_source_id=5&return_spot=ts2&logger_loc=front_pages%2Fenglish