Thanks for your help and patience!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Re: Heartbeat 0.4.5c now available [initial resource takeover fixed?] [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 01:55:12AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Thomas Hepper wrote me an email where he told me what was wrong with initial
> resource takeover. It explained what the problem was, and why it was so
> intermittent in it's symptoms, and why it started with 0.4.5.
>
> I believe I have fixed this problem, and have put out another version of
> heartbeat. It's on the web site, and in CVS...
>
> Please give it another shot.

OK, first tests are positive, it works now in the config where it failed before.

One wish, can you disable or remove the proc_ha part. On kernel 2.2.13 i can't
compile it, and if it is not used by heartbeat why not removing .

Thomas

| Thomas Hepper th@ant.han.de |
| ( If the above address fail try ) |
| ( thomas.hepper@planet-interkom.de) |
Re: Heartbeat 0.4.5c now available [initial resource takeover fixed?] [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Thomas Hepper wrote:

> One wish, can you disable or remove the proc_ha part. On kernel 2.2.13 i can't
> compile it, and if it is not used by heartbeat why not removing .

Yes, we can remove that now, it's not needed any more and was a dead end
street, as I view it now.

> Thomas

Volker

--
Volker Wiegand Phone: +49 (0) 6196 / 50951-24
SuSE Rhein/Main AG Fax: +49 (0) 6196 / 40 96 07