Mailing List Archive

Announcing: Anonymous CVS access for linux-ha
Hi,

Thanks to the excellent help I've gotten from tummy.com, you can now all have
access to the CVS server at cvs.linux-ha.org.

To get read-only access to the CVS instance, here's what you do:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:guest@cvs.linux-ha.org:/home/cvs/linux-ha

Next you need to do a "cvs login" command.

Then, you can do normal CVS commands, and things should go quite well from
there.

For example, I did a "cvs co", and got a copy of the workspace. Once you have a
copy, you can do a "cvs update" to see the latest changes to the repository.

This contains the patch I just made for Steve Beattie.

OOOH! I'm so excited! [doesn't take much, does it?]

Again thanks to Rob Riggs and all the fine folks at tummy.com!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Announcing: Anonymous CVS access for linux-ha [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:47:39 -0600, Alan Robertson
<alanr@bell-labs.com> said:

> Thanks to the excellent help I've gotten from tummy.com, you can now all have
> access to the CVS server at cvs.linux-ha.org.

Umm, are you sure it's still working? I get no response.

> export CVSROOT=:pserver:guest@cvs.linux-ha.org:/home/cvs/linux-ha

> Next you need to do a "cvs login" command.

What is the guest password?

Cheers,
Stephen
Announcing: Anonymous CVS access for linux-ha [ In reply to ]
"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:47:39 -0600, Alan Robertson
> <alanr@bell-labs.com> said:
>
> > Thanks to the excellent help I've gotten from tummy.com, you can now all have
> > access to the CVS server at cvs.linux-ha.org.
>
> Umm, are you sure it's still working? I get no response.

It's up from this side of the Atlantic ...

> > export CVSROOT=:pserver:guest@cvs.linux-ha.org:/home/cvs/linux-ha
>
> > Next you need to do a "cvs login" command.
>
> What is the guest password?

Sorry. "guest" is the guest password :-)

Of course, it only has one change in it relative to the released version. But
that will change quickly ;-)

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Announcing: Anonymous CVS access for linux-ha [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:36:12 -0600, Alan Robertson
<alanr@bell-labs.com> said:

>> Umm, are you sure it's still working? I get no response.

> It's up from this side of the Atlantic ...

Indeed, I can see it right now, but couldn't 3 hours ago. Oh well...

> Sorry. "guest" is the guest password :-)

I just found that. Now if I can work out the name of the module
inside the repository, I'll be able to check it out. :)

--Stephen
Announcing: Anonymous CVS access for linux-ha [ In reply to ]
"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Umm, are you sure it's still working? I get no response.

I just tried it and it seemed to work fine.

> What is the guest password?

"guest"

--
Rob Riggs