Thanks!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5b to the download directory of the web site, but
there are no pointers to it on the web site. The last part of the URLs are what
you'd expect:

heartbeat-0.4.5b.tar.gz
heartbeat-0.4.5b-1.src.rpm
heartbeat-0.4.5b-1.i386.rpm

You'll find them under:
http://www.henge.com/~alanr/ha/download

It should have all the recently reported problems fixed now. Matt Soffen is
making progress porting it to FreeBSD. I mostly try not to mangle it for him
:-)

Give it a shot, and see what you think.

Thanks!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 09:32:22PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5b to the download directory of the web site, but
> there are no pointers to it on the web site. The last part of the URLs are what
> Give it a shot, and see what you think.

OK, next comment/bug. Sometimes the fifo in /var/run/heartbeat-fifo is an
normal file, no pipe. There is a function in the heartbeat script called
init_fifo, but i can't find a place where this function is called. I think
it should be called before the start of the heartbeat process.

Thomas

| Thomas Hepper th@ant.han.de |
| ( If the above address fail try ) |
| ( thomas.hepper@planet-interkom.de) |
Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Thomas Hepper wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 09:32:22PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> > I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5b to the download directory of the web site, but
> > there are no pointers to it on the web site. The last part of the URLs are what
> > Give it a shot, and see what you think.
>
> OK, next comment/bug. Sometimes the fifo in /var/run/heartbeat-fifo is an
> normal file, no pipe. There is a function in the heartbeat script called
> init_fifo, but i can't find a place where this function is called. I think
> it should be called before the start of the heartbeat process.

Obviously I sometime recently optimized this call out of existence <8-O

It's back.

Thanks, Thomas!

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]

Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]
Thomas Hepper wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 09:32:22PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> > I've uploaded heartbeat 0.4.5b to the download directory of the web site, but
> > there are no pointers to it on the web site. The last part of the URLs are what
> > Give it a shot, and see what you think.
>
> OK, next comment/bug. Sometimes the fifo in /var/run/heartbeat-fifo is an
> normal file, no pipe. There is a function in the heartbeat script called
> init_fifo, but i can't find a place where this function is called. I think
> it should be called before the start of the heartbeat process.

I also made the C code make the FIFO if it doesn't exist, in anticipation of
getting rid of some of these startup scripts.

-- Alan Robertson
alanr@bell-labs.com
Heartbeat 0.4.5b prerelease available for download [ In reply to ]