Mailing List Archive

[RFC, PATCH 0/4] Add support to OProfile for profiling Cell BE SPUs -- update
On December 14, 2006, I posted a patch that added support to the
OProfile kernel driver for profiling Cell SPUs. There have been some
changes/fixes to this patch since the original posting (including
forward porting from 2.6.18-based kernel to 2.6.20-rc1), so I am
reposting the patch for review now. This patch relies upon the
following patches that have not been accepted yet:
1. oprofile cleanup patch (submitted on Nov 27)
2. Fix for PPU profiling (not submitted yet, since it depends on #1)
3. SPU task notification patch (last submitted on Jan 26)

For those who may want to apply and build the oprofile SPU support
patch, it would be necessary to first apply the above patches. For
convenience, I will post all three of the above patches, along with the
oprofile SPU support patch.

Comments appreciated.

Thank you.

Maynard Johnson
IBM LTC Toolchain

-
Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/4] Add support to OProfile for profiling Cell BE SPUs -- update [ In reply to ]
On Monday 29 January 2007 20:45, Maynard Johnson wrote:
> On December 14, 2006, I posted a patch that added support to the
> OProfile kernel driver for profiling Cell SPUs.  There have been some
> changes/fixes to this patch since the original posting (including
> forward porting from 2.6.18-based kernel to 2.6.20-rc1), so I am
> reposting the patch for review now.  This patch relies upon the
> following patches that have not been accepted yet:
>    1. oprofile cleanup patch (submitted on Nov 27)
>    2. Fix for PPU profiling (not submitted yet, since it depends on #1)
>    3. SPU task notification patch (last submitted on Jan 26)

Sorry for taking so much time before reviewing this. I knew it would
be a long patch that requires time to go through in detail (though
certainly not nearly as much time as it took you to write it), so I
kept procrastinating.

Arnd <><
-