... I'm stepping back to 2.1.132 for a while ;o)
Kind regards,
Brian
--
Automobile, n.:
A four-wheeled vehicle that runs
up hills and down pedestrains.
-
Re: 2.2.0: performance & isdn. [ In reply to ]
>3) Isdn is _broken_. It was broken back in 2.2.0-pre1, but I had hoped
>that it was fixed. For some reason, I can connect _once_. Further
>connections succeed, but no IP-traffic is routed. What is the proper
>way to upgrade the ISDN so that it works with 2.2.0? (I've downloaded
>isdn4k-utils-3.0beta1 - but it doesn't give me any kernel changes!)
isdn4k-utils-3.0beta1's ipppd (Or ANY ipppd) needs a short patch to
allow for the extra-version in 2.2.0-pre?. It chokes on the pre?, and
defaults to 2.0.x. Look into sys-linux.c in the ipppd source and comment
out the following code in the decode_version function:
if (*buf != '\0')
{
*version =
*modification =
*patch = 0;
}
This will allow you to dial in. This is NOT a problem with the kernel ISDN
code, but a buggy version decoding.
(I'm currently using an unpatched 2.2.0-pre9 with a modified isdn4k-utils
to dial in, so it definately does work)
Bas Vermeulen
--
When I shop for hardware I always look for the "Designed for Windows 95" logo.
I really thank Microsoft(TM) for encouraging manufacturers to label their
Re: 2.2.0: performance & isdn. [ In reply to ]
Brian Schau wrote:
> 3) Isdn is _broken_. It was broken back in 2.2.0-pre1, but I had hoped
> that it was fixed. For some reason, I can connect _once_. Further
> connections succeed, but no IP-traffic is routed. What is the proper
> way to upgrade the ISDN so that it works with 2.2.0? (I've downloaded
> isdn4k-utils-3.0beta1 - but it doesn't give me any kernel changes!)
Brian,
the appropriate way to do is:
go to
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/isdn4linux/v2.1/
get
isdn -> isdn-9901201200.tar.gz
get
isdn4k-utils -> isdn4k-utils-9901211200.tar.gz
unpack it in /usr/src
mkdir /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/diehl
mkdir /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/eicon
in /usr/src/isdn: ./std2kern -d
then make config in /usr/src/linux und bake the kernel as usual
in /usr/src/isdn4k-utils:
make config && make && make install
don't forget to set the dialmode in your init script:
e.g.
isdnctrl dialmode ippp0 auto
and restart your machine.
Good luck.
Regards,
Gerry
--
Gerhard Fuellgrabe Phone: +49.5323.96788 Fax: 962044
Arnikaweg 34 E-mail: gerd@cacofonix.harz.de
Re: 2.2.0: performance & isdn. [ In reply to ]
In article <36AB3048.9795C0A3@fleggaard.dk>,
Brian Schau <bsc@fleggaard.dk> writes:
> connections succeed, but no IP-traffic is routed. What is the proper
> way to upgrade the ISDN so that it works with 2.2.0? (I've downloaded
> isdn4k-utils-3.0beta1 - but it doesn't give me any kernel changes!)
Get the latest and greatest drivers via CVS and run './std2kern -d' in
the isdn directory.
The FAQ that comes with isdn4k-utils explains how to check out the
driver (and the utils, which are also available via CVS).
--
Andreas