quite a few people like those as well
--Sam
-
Re: Mailing list for kernel releases [ In reply to ]
linux-kernel-announce@vger.rutgers.edu
--
Andreas Schwab "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de completely different"
Re: Mailing list for kernel releases [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Sam Bingner wrote:
> I was thinking that a mailing list that only sent messages informing
> people when a new kernel came out would be a good idea... please let me
> know if there is one already, or if not if you think having one would be
> a good idea...
That's such a nice idea that there's already one :)
It's linux-kernel-announce@vger (I think) but it doesn't seem to
have been getting the 2.2pre series information.
Yes, it would also be nice if Alan's patches were announced there,
although that's not so urgent, as the vger backlog seems to have
cleared nicely.
Matthew.
-
Re: Mailing list for kernel releases [ In reply to ]
> Alan: also if you would possibly do the same for your patches? ;-) ...
> quite a few people like those as well
I cc those to lwn.net and freshmeat (when I remember - sorry Scoop), so they
should be up to date there. Also they get stuck on the diary page
(www.linux.org.uk/diary)
Alan
-
Re: Mailing list for kernel releases [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 11:31:02AM +0000, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Sam Bingner wrote:
>
> > I was thinking that a mailing list that only sent messages informing
> > people when a new kernel came out would be a good idea... please let me
> > know if there is one already, or if not if you think having one would be
> > a good idea...
>
> That's such a nice idea that there's already one :)
>
> It's linux-kernel-announce@vger (I think) but it doesn't seem to
> have been getting the 2.2pre series information.
It has never sent any *pre information as far as I can recall (from
2.0.28 release date on or so)
--
Matthias Andree
-