no custon searchers.
Also, i don't need to do any bool query (AND, OR, blabla), so is there a
way to disable it, if this causes problems?

I have to play with dev version because of results sorting stuff, which
is missing into stable versions.

Thanks to anyone will point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
Marco
Strange problems searching the index [ In reply to ]
On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:25 AM, Marco Borromeo wrote:

> I'm having fun with dev version, and i met a strange error while
> searching the index.
> Searching for "trasparente" i get this error:
>
> Uncaught exception 'PerlException' with message '[perl] eval error:
> (in cleanup) Error in function kino_BoolScorer_tally at c_src/
> KinoSearch/Search/BooleanScorer.c:274: Too many matchers: 3 > 2 at /
> usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/KinoSearch/Searcher.pm line 122

This is the first time I've had this error reported. I would very
much like to be supplied with a failing test case so that I can debug
it. That's an internal error, not a user error -- you should never
see it.

> I get this error with some keywords, but i don't understand why
> this happens; i'm using the same stuff we have here:
> http://www.rectangular.com/kinosearch/docs/devel/KinoSearch/
> Searcher.html, no custon searchers.
> Also, i don't need to do any bool query (AND, OR, blabla),

BooleanQueries are used any time you need to join the results of a
multiple term search.

If you have multiple indexed fields in your index, searching for a
single string via...

$searcher->search( query => 'foo' );

... actually results in a boolean query even if there's only a single
word. Something like this:

'title:foo OR body:foo'

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/
Strange problems searching the index [ In reply to ]
On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:25 AM, Marco Borromeo wrote:

> Uncaught exception 'PerlException' with message '[perl] eval error:
> (in cleanup) Error in function kino_BoolScorer_tally at c_src/
> KinoSearch/Search/BooleanScorer.c:274: Too many matchers: 3 > 2 at /
> usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/KinoSearch/Searcher.pm line 122

This should be fixed as of repository revision 2478. 0.20_04 will
not suffer from it.

Thanks for the report.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research