Mailing List Archive

Command line search tool using Lucene (targeted for Site Search)
Greetings All,

We would like to introduce our java lucene based command line search tool, Minalyzer Lite.

Minalyzer Lite ships with an indexing executable, which can index data from file system, databases, by crawling web sites or an ARC file (output of Heritrix Crawler). The end user does not need any knowledge of lucene or java.

The search executable takes the keywords and index collection name as inputs and returns the resultset as an XML which can be parsed and displyed by calling programs.

For those of you who are aware of Solr, it is in no way a competitive product for Solr. Our target is primarily to provide "Site Search" for those web sites, which are hosted on low cost shared servers and do not have JAVA installed (as we are shipping an embedded version of Java and the calling program calls the search using exec / backtick / system commands).

This page explains how site search works - http://www.minalyzer.com/documentation/minalyzerlite--how-site-search-works

We have created some live examples to demonstrate the search features. Most of these are running on shared hosting accounts which cost less than 3 USD a month.

Php script hosted on Linux server http://demo1.minalyzer.com/minalyzerlite/search4.php
Perl script hosted on Linux server http://demo1.minalyzer.com/minalyzerlite/perl/search.pl
Aspx .Net running on Windows server http://www.minalyzer.com/mlitedemos/aspx/samplesearch.aspx

We have done tests with close beta groups that we feel confident enough to announce the public availability, but we are still calling it beta until we upgrade to Lucene 2.1 and make the examples that we ship with the product more error proof and robust.

Thanks
Saurabh