Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/
Commits mailing list [ In reply to ]
Marvin Humphrey writes:
> On another note, posters to this list may also notice that
> responsiveness has improved.

That sounds excellent; thanks.

On a similar topic, I've noticed recently that the list messages I've
been receiving have apparently been sent out with the To: header munged
to contain my subscribed address. Is this deliberate? (And if not, is
it actually a problem at my end?) I'd much prefer the To: and Cc:
headers to be left as the poster sent them.

--
Aaron Crane
Commits mailing list [ In reply to ]
On Mar 15, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Aaron Crane wrote:

> On a similar topic, I've noticed recently that the list messages I've
> been receiving have apparently been sent out with the To: header
> munged
> to contain my subscribed address. Is this deliberate? (And if
> not, is
> it actually a problem at my end?) I'd much prefer the To: and Cc:
> headers to be left as the poster sent them.

Was this a recent change?

Please tell me if it has changed back as of this message.

While tracking down the IDENT problem, I turned on "full
personalization" as per Mailman debugging instructions. I have now
switched it back off.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/
Commits mailing list [ In reply to ]
Marvin Humphrey writes:
> On Mar 15, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Aaron Crane wrote:
> >On a similar topic, I've noticed recently that the list messages I've
> >been receiving have apparently been sent out with the To: header
> >munged to contain my subscribed address.
>
> Was this a recent change?

The first message I noticed it on was sent early in the morning of
2007-03-09 (UTC).

> Please tell me if it has changed back as of this message.

It has -- thanks!

--
Aaron Crane
Commits mailing list [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Exim performs IDENT checks by default, and times out after 30
> seconds. As the list readership has grown, we've accumulated a few
> subscribers whose mail servers respond to IDENT with stony silence
> rather than either a meaningful response or a firewall deny.

The 'net used to be such a nice, friendly place. Once could just drop in
to a friends machine with telnet and say "Hey, Bob, check THIS out..."

strcpy() was your friend in those days.

Now, -P INPUT DROP is your friend.