Mailing List Archive

revision 2983 index status
Hello Marvin,

Just in case you're not aware (unlikely, but here goes anyway):

Revision 2983 indexes without error, but only produces a single file
"snapshot_1.meta" once completed.

/goes back to sunday afternoon telly and chewing dried cow-flesh.

Re: revision 2983 index status [ In reply to ]
On Feb 3, 2008, at 7:38 AM, henka@cityweb.co.za wrote:

> Just in case you're not aware (unlikely, but here goes anyway):
>
> Revision 2983 indexes without error, but only produces a single file
> "snapshot_1.meta" once completed.

I'm perplexed. 2983 passes all its tests. If the snapshot file were
the only thing produced by indexing, we'd get a slew of failures.

Under what circumstances does you see this kind of a result? Did KS
zap an existing index? Did you perhaps create an InvIndexer, add no
docs, then call finish() ?

There was a change in file handling a little while back, so what you
report isn't outside the realm of possibility -- I just haven't seen it.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/

Re: revision 2983 index status [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 3, 2008, at 7:38 AM, henka@cityweb.co.za wrote:
>> Revision 2983 indexes without error, but only produces a single file
>> "snapshot_1.meta" once completed.
>
> I'm perplexed. 2983 passes all its tests. If the snapshot file were
> the only thing produced by indexing, we'd get a slew of failures.

Resolved. Even though I monitor the commit emails, I missed this one:

I was using (which only produces the snapshot_x.meta file):

$invindexer->add_doc( \%doc, boost => $doc_boost );

instead of:

$idoc = KinoSearch::Doc->new(fields => \%doc, boost => $doc_boost);
$invindexer->add_doc( $idoc );

Which works as expected.

Regards
Henry