Mailing List Archive

programming api for pvr350 (osd)
Hello.

I'm going to start a project to provide an open source architecture for
local or community televisions (italy) able to drive a complete DVB-T
multiplex.
Open source Media Asset Management based on postgreSQL, Debian Servers, Web
interface (apache) for manage and ingest of videos and metadata.
Feed DB with information used then by some automatic playlist generators
running on video player servers (pvr350 based) to output video to
broadcasting chain.

Soon there will be a .ORG with some info and I hope a git or trac or other
collaboration stuff.

by the way ....... Now .... I need to know where to find ivtv API (i googled
around and i'm not sure those where already marged to v4l2), 'couse video
playback was really easy (send data to appropriate /dev/videoX) but logo
overlay (menu overlay feature or On screen display) is still a mistery to
me.

Project would be python oriented, but we are very open (:D) to other (open)
languages and developers.

Hope that could be interesting for someone, Cheers ...

Federico

PS: If interested email me and i send directly to you some slides I prepared
for my teammates and the Linux User Group's members of my town (expliciting
production chain).
--
Messagenet VOIP: 5338759

My blogs: http://altri-media.blogspot.com/
http://subbaqquerie.blogspot.com/

YouTube Channel: AllegFede

VIMEO HD videos: http://www.vimeo.com/user1912745/videos
Re: programming api for pvr350 (osd) [ In reply to ]
> Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 10:03:14 +0200
> From: Federico Allegretti <allegfede@gmail.com>
> To: ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org
> Subject: [ivtv-users] programming api for pvr350 (osd)
>
> Hello.
>
> I'm going to start a project to provide an open source architecture for
> local or community televisions (italy) able to drive a complete DVB-T
> multiplex.
> Open source Media Asset Management based on postgreSQL, Debian Servers, Web
> interface (apache) for manage and ingest of videos and metadata.
> Feed DB with information used then by some automatic playlist generators
> running on video player servers (pvr350 based) to output video to
> broadcasting chain.
>
> Soon there will be a .ORG with some info and I hope a git or trac or other
> collaboration stuff.

Hi Frederico,

I am not interested to contribute to your project, but feel free to get
inspirations from pvr350-Plugin for vdr:
http://drseltsam.device.name/vdr/pvr/src/pvr350/vdr-pvr350-1.7.3.tgz

As far as I know this is the only application that uses both hardwaredecoder
decoder and OSD. Eralier versions of mythtv had also support for it, but
dropped this some years ago.

Another way would be to yuse the YUV device and use the PVR350 in a similar
way like a graphics card. Sample code is in mplayer (vidix output driver for
ivtv). This could be easier because there are some limitations of the cx23415
(decoder)chip:
- tinny sound with joint stereo
- can' t play audio-only streams
- can't play radio streams with RDS data

The API for the decoder is based on an extended DVB API.

Greets,
Martin