Mailing List Archive

xf86-video-ivtv 1.1.2
When I build the driver, there are two files created:

ivtv_drv.so
ivtv_drv.la

But no kernel module called

ivtvfb.ko

as I expected. Is there something wrong, or is this what it is supposed to do?

How do I update ivtvfb.ko so I can modprobe ivtvfb with the updated version?

Thanks,
Dirk
----------------------------

X.Org X Server 1.5.3
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.26-ARCH i686
Current Operating System: Linux obmyth 2.6.28-LinHES #1 SMP PREEMPT
Sun Nov 1 06:47:02 UTC 2009 i686

Re: xf86-video-ivtv 1.1.2 [ In reply to ]
Dirk Beer <rdbeer@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I build the driver, there are two files created:
>
>ivtv_drv.so
>ivtv_drv.la
>
>But no kernel module cal

ed

>ivtvfb.ko
>
>as I expected. Is there something wrong, or is this what it is supposed
>to do?
>
>How do I update ivtvfb.ko so I can modprobe ivtvfb with the updated
>version?
>
>Thanks,
>Dirk
>----------------------------
>
>X.Org X Server 1.5.3
>X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
>Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.26-ARCH i686
>Current Operating System: Linux obmyth 2.6.28-LinHES #1 SMP PREEMPT
>Sun Nov 1 06:47:02 UTC 2009 i686

The ivtv.ko and ivtvfb.ko driver modules have been part of the linux kernel since 2.6.24. Your linux distribution should have them available. If not you'll have to obtain the source code for your current kernel from your linux distribution and compile them.

Regards,
Andy

Re: xf86-video-ivtv 1.1.2 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> The ivtv.ko and ivtvfb.ko driver modules have been part of the linux kernel since 2.6.24.  Your linux distribution should have them available.  If not you'll have to obtain the source code for your current kernel from your linux distribution and compile them.

Ok, thank you Andy. I see that they are part of the kernel that I am using.

The reason I asked is I'm having problems with image quality with ivtvfb module.

I'm using kernel 2.6.26-ARCH i686 and the image looks "grainy" with
both X server and recorded video that I try to play on the S-video
tv-out of my PVR-350 card.

Do you have any ideas about that, or suggestions?

Thanks again,
Dirk