card.

I've attached the relevant part of dmesg and lspci. This is on Debian
5.0.6 on Linux kernel 2.6.26-2-686. I've done a lot of googling for
over a week, but can't find anything relevant. For the record, I
tried with hyper-threading turned off, but same result.

Thanks muchly for any assistance - we don't have a TV, so my family is
going to lynch me if I don't get Myth running soon.

../Dave
Re: cat /dev/video0 freezes computer [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 01:22 -0400, Dave Mason wrote:
> I have a PVR-350 card that I previously used in a different machine
> which is now 2000 km away. I am now trying to use it on an Atom 410
> machine. I had a problem for a while where if couldn't get an IRQ.
> But that's stopped through no action on my part that I can determine.
> (Weird :-)
>
> So the ivtv 1.3.0 driver loads fine, but if I try to cat /dev/video0
> it just freezes - similarly if I run mythtvsetup and try to set up the
> card.

Please describe freeze:

1. irrecoverably hang the machine?
2. logs an Oops in dmesg or /var/log/messages, but the other core still
runs if it a dual core Atom?
3. cat just hangs but can be killed?

You can of course load the ivtv module with the debug option set. As
root:

# modprobe -r ivtv
# modinfo ivtv
# modprobe ivtv debug=0xblah

Where blah is an OR'ed combination of debug flags as shown by modinfo
for ivtv.

If things are just hanging and not freezing the machine, then odds are
you might not be getting IRQs. Does the output of cat /proc/interrupts
show a growing interrupt count beside the ivtv interrupt when you try
and cat /dev/video0?

Regards,
Andy